A most peculiar Test Drive

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

bmonk

A most peculiar Test Drive

Post by bmonk »

Not all reviewers are honest.

Tesla has a beef with John Broder from The New York Times--it seems that he was determined to show their Model S was deficient, even if he had to go out of his way to cause it problems--because it kept exceeding his expectations and demands.

"The logs show again that our Model S never had a chance with John Broder. In the case with Top Gear, their legal defense was that they never actually said it broke down, they just implied that it could and then filmed themselves pushing what viewers did not realize was a perfectly functional car. In Mr. Broder’s case, he simply did not accurately capture what happened and worked very hard to force our car to stop running."

Full Article
Fairportfan

Re: A most peculiar Test Drive

Post by Fairportfan »

Let's just say that i've read an article on a site that is neither Tesla's blog nor the reporter's home turf that suggests both sides of the controversy are, if not lying outright, shading the truth pretty hard.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I have stated elsewhere: I would expect that the range of the vehicle would be diminished somewhat because of the weather. It doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you drive.

However, I am calling shenanigans on the NYT writer.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Staying out of it because i am suspicious of a lot of Tesla's claims and PR.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber