"Stop at any bank, I have to make a withdrawal."

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

"Stop at any bank, I have to make a withdrawal."

Post by Fairportfan »

Woman allegedly uses car test drive to rob bank
A California man became an unsuspecting getaway driver when a woman taking a test drive in his car stopped to rob a bank[/url].
The Manteca Bulletin first reported that Gail Castle asked to take the 1987 Chrysler 5th Avenue for a test drive but that the owner, who asked to remain anonymous, insisted on coming along for the ride.

A few blocks into the ride, Castle allegedly asked the man to pull over to a nearby Bank of America so she could withdraw the necessary funds to pay him the $2,200 asking price for the vehicle.

She reportedly emerged a few minutes later, "flashing him a purse stuffed with bills," according to local Fox affiliate KTXL.

The pair then headed to the man';s house to complete the transaction. However, the police were also on their way.

Castle, 51, reportedly handed the Bank of America teller a note reading, "This is a robbery and I don';t want anybody to get hurt."

"I turned my left signal the other side of the crosswalk here, and that';s when the sirens went off. I thought, 'What in the world is going on,'"; the man told the station.

The police, who were not aware at the time that the man was not involved in the crime, then ordered him to step out from his vehicle. Thats when Castle reportedly threatened to shoot the man if he complied with the authorities.

"I thought I'd rather take a chance on her shooting me in the back,"; the man told KTXL, explaining why he chose to get out of the car. Thankfully, police say Castle didn't actually have a firearm in her possession.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: "Stop at any bank, I have to make a withdrawal."

Post by Jabberwonky »

If I remember right, some years ago a man in San Antonio used a cab to go to several dry cleaners to rob them with a toy pistol. (he'd been recently fired) The cabbie caught on to it and called his bosses to clue the police in.
I will admit that this is an interesting way to find a getaway driver.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

You see... stories like this tempt me to make a life of crime, simply because I'd be so much more successful at it...

But alas, I seem to be burdened with things like morals and honor and decency... ahh well, the Stainless Steel Rat I shall never become.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:You see... stories like this tempt me to make a life of crime, simply because I'd be so much more successful at it...

But alas, I seem to be burdened with things like morals and honor and decency... ahh well, the Stainless Steel Rat I shall never become.
But than good old Slippery Jim had a world blinded by rabid stupidity and ... nevermind. :cry:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Mark N wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:You see... stories like this tempt me to make a life of crime, simply because I'd be so much more successful at it...

But than good old Slippery Jim had a world blinded by rabid stupidity and ... nevermind. :cry:
And a wife who was even more larcenous (and quite a bit more murderous) than he--even if she was reformed.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:
Mark N wrote:

And a wife who was even more larcenous (and quite a bit more murderous) than he--even if she was reformed.

I must be dense. It has just hit me that River Song of Doctor Who is modeled off of Slippery Jim's wife Angelina diGriz.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:I must be dense. It has just hit me that River Song of Doctor Who is modeled off of Slippery Jim's wife Angelina diGriz.
It hadn't occurred to me either - probably due to the difference in their back-stories - but yes, there are certain similarities in their evolutions. Angelina was a natural-born psychopath, River was a deliberately-programmed psychopath, but the results would have been equally unpleasant for anyone who crossed them during the pre-reformation stages of their lives.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

bmonk wrote:
Mark N wrote:

I wouldn't say more 'larcenous'. More lethal, certainly. Jim had a distaste for killing whereas the beautiful Angelina... weeeeeell... she's mostly reformed, these days. Just... don't give her a legitimate excuse. Like threatening her man. Or her kids. Yea, definitely on the list of things to NOT do would be threatening her kids.

But Larcenous? No, I'm afraid Jim's got her beat in that department. Hell, he's got Arsene Lupin beat in that department.