Higher Education- commentary section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Higher Education- commentary section

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Soooo. whatcha think? Will Stan get his ass handed to him? Or deep-fried? Will Bill get another cigar? Will Sonya get to use her claws? Does Todd look good in "Harry Potter" specials?

And what about Naomi?

More to follow.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Re: Higher Education- commentary section

Post by FreeFlier »

There are some interesting potentials . . . I love the stapler trick!

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:14 am There are some interesting potentials . . . I love the stapler trick!

--FreeFlier
THAT was based on an actual event that happened in an inner-city school where the 'rowdy class' was handed to an ex-marine who had an injury put him in a short spica cast. It was too good to ignore.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Two things about today's entry- you'll notice an entry that says 'error' followed by an entry that is a quote- from where I am writing to where I post here, I loose all italics- therefore, I have to go through each entry and proof all my work. Combine my lack of computer skills with the fact that I am recovering from a total knee surgery, you might understand where I posted... and instead of 'edit', I hit 'quote'... and do not know how to undo everything without a great deal of labor. I do not even know how to delete an entry. So there it is.

You will also notice the name of 'Dr. Lamberton'

This is my salute to the late Dr. James ('Smiling Jim') Lamberton, one of the most memorable orthopedic surgeons I have ever worked with. He died in 2007 of pancreatic cancer, having racked up one of the most impressive number of surgeries in one lifetime that I am aware of.

Sir, your counts are correct and the wound is now closed- you may break scrub for the last time.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

In the version I recall, the teacher had turned up the heat to justify opening the windows . . . when the brisk breeze blew his tie around, he looked annoyed and stapled the tie down!

You should be able to delete the last post if it's your post and there are no replies: in this case, copy the revised text from the latest post, edit the prior post to contain it, then delete the latest post.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:28 pm In the version I recall, the teacher had turned up the heat to justify opening the windows . . . when the brisk breeze blew his tie around, he looked annoyed and stapled the tie down!

You should be able to delete the last post if it's your post and there are no replies: in this case, copy the revised text from the latest post, edit the prior post to contain it, then delete the latest post.

--FreeFlier
Thank you- still had to reinstall italics, and changed a bit of the storyline, but all's good.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:53 am
FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:14 am There are some interesting potentials . . . I love the stapler trick!

--FreeFlier
THAT was based on an actual event that happened in an inner-city school where the 'rowdy class' was handed to an ex-marine who had an injury put him in a short spica cast. It was too good to ignore.
This wonderful incident, being an anchor for Stan's approach to achieving a necessary dominance over his trouble-prone class of para students, really deserves a soundtrack, don'cha think?

I offer up several possibilities, including

Respect Yourself
You've Got to Earn It
and
Heavy Makes You Happy (Sha-Na-Boom Boom)

all with a reasonably obvious justification.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:28 pm In the version I recall, the teacher had turned up the heat to justify opening the windows . . . when the brisk breeze blew his tie around, he looked annoyed and stapled the tie down!
And that makes at least three of us who remember reading about that incident IRL...

This story is also reminding me of an old Sidney Poitier movie...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:11 pm This story is also reminding me of an old Sidney Poitier movie...
If that's the movie I'm thinking of, it was a real lulu of a tale...

... and it contained a lesson I really should have learned then: never trust an English cook with a jar of mayonnaise. The worst chicken salad Gwen and I have ever tasted, came from a pub in Glastonbury; I swear it must have been 75% mayo by weight.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:34 am
Sgt. Howard wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:53 am

--FreeFlier
This wonderful incident, being an anchor for Stan's approach to achieving a necessary dominance over his trouble-prone class of para students, really deserves a soundtrack, don'cha think?

I offer up several possibilities, including

Respect Yourself
You've Got to Earn It
and
Heavy Makes You Happy (Sha-Na-Boom Boom)

all with a reasonably obvious justification.
"We will we will ROCK YOU!!!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Excellent understated threat display . . .

--FreeFlier
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Individual humans may be "squishy" . . . . in the collective humans are the most dangerous things on the planet.

And on many other planets.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:This one agrees.

/noselick/
--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

One hopes that the cookbook shelf at the grocery does not include "To Serve Man".
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Wolf-who-watches wrote:One wonders if this hunting-place has fresh squeakers. /licks chops/
Two suspects that there are very fresh squeakers outside.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:/eyeroll/ It is raining . . .
You won't melt.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:One will shake.
Outside.

/noselick/Image

:roll:

--FreeFlier
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:36 pm One hopes that the cookbook shelf at the grocery does not include "To Serve Man".
That is never an alien concept...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:18 pm
Wolf-who-watches wrote:One wonders if this hunting-place has fresh squeakers. /licks chops/
Two suspects that there are very fresh squeakers outside.
One of these days I have to attempt some baking for your associate. I do a mean canid biscuit, or so I am informed by the Labradors that my daughter tolerates...

Admittedly not as good as fresh food, but a nice change of pace.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

She prefers live mice, lightly toasted and drizzled with maple syrup or maple candy . . .
Wolf-who-watches wrote:popcorn you can chase!
:roll:

On another forum we had habanero cookies, which were pretty good. If decidedly hot.

--FreeFlier
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

One point: despite popular belief, humans cannot eradicate all life on the planet . . . even all mammalian life is probably impossible. Pure egotism.

Humans cannot even eradicate all life in a single building . . . something always survives.

Of course, telling these students that or even just allowing them to believe it is probably beneficial, especially to the continued survival of said students.

And what did happen to young Gart Lorengast?

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:50 am One point: despite popular belief, humans cannot eradicate all life on the planet . . . even all mammalian life is probably impossible. Pure egotism.

Humans cannot even eradicate all life in a single building . . . something always survives.

Of course, telling these students that or even just allowing them to believe it is probably beneficial, especially to the continued survival of said students.

And what did happen to young Gart Lorengast?

--FreeFlier
All will be told- many issues will be resolved before this is over.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

The thick plottens.

And there's nothing quite like an apparently incriminating statement.

--FreeFlier