2024-06-03 I'm in need of a new interface

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

2024-06-03 I'm in need of a new interface

Post by Opus the Poet »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-need-o ... interface/
Equipment fails at what is usually the worst time, the more critical the equipment is the worse the time for it to fail. Pablo was editing the sound on the animation when the interface between his analog sound equipment and his computer took a dump on him.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Akeche

Re: 2024-06-03 I'm in need of a new interface

Post by Akeche »

Seven months since the last comic update.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Akeche wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:34 am Seven months since the last comic update.
Yeah, we get pin-ups every so often and there was a page that got deleted. But Paul's focus right now is turning his characters into an adult animation which for a solo artist is much more time consuming and labor intensive than a 4 panel comic. Even if he uses a computer for in-betweening there are still 24 panels per second of animation and that's 6 days of comics for one second of animation if he uses the old cinematic frame rate. Digital HD is 50 fps so 2 weeks of comics per second of animation. I've never actually done drawn animation, but I did make an attempt at stop-motion way back in the 1970s, and even just pushing model cars down a cardboard street takes a day to record one second. So Pablo is working his little ass off for not a whole lot to show for it.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:19 pm
Akeche wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:34 am Seven months since the last comic update.
Yeah, we get pin-ups every so often and there was a page that got deleted. But Paul's focus right now is turning his characters into an adult animation which for a solo artist is much more time consuming and labor intensive than a 4 panel comic. Even if he uses a computer for in-betweening there are still 24 panels per second of animation and that's 6 days of comics for one second of animation if he uses the old cinematic frame rate. Digital HD is 50 fps so 2 weeks of comics per second of animation. I've never actually done drawn animation, but I did make an attempt at stop-motion way back in the 1970s, and even just pushing model cars down a cardboard street takes a day to record one second. So Pablo is working his little ass off for not a whole lot to show for it.
Have you checked out the fanfiction?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.