Crack Pot Story 2023-08-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Crack Pot Story 2023-08-31

Post by Dave »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/crack-pot-story/

Probably better than curséd elevators, though.
Alkarii

Re: Crack Pot Story 2023-08-31

Post by Alkarii »

No, it's the stairs in the woods that are a cause for concern...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Is it as crackpot as getting caught in a World Grid anchor?

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Alkarii wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:02 pm No, it's the stairs in the woods that are a cause for concern...
I've seen those, a sturdy freestanding staircase made to reach an upper story entrance to a house that no longer exists, I even remember when the house was still being lived in for at least one of them.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:01 pm
Alkarii wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:02 pmNo, it's the stairs in the woods that are a cause for concern...
I've seen those, a sturdy freestanding staircase made to reach an upper story entrance to a house that no longer exists, I even remember when the house was still being lived in for at least one of them.
I've seen several of those . . . one was on the site of a Endicott (pre-WWI) coastal defence fort, en route from the battery to the mine casement IIRC, and another was one of the few remains of a pre-WWI ghost town . . .

Endicott Board

Endicott Period

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Yeah, there's an interesting creepypasta series about some random sets of stairs in a national forest somewhere, all in pristine condition. Park personnel were explicity told to not even touch them, and doing so resulted in someone (not the person who broke the rule) disappearing, then being found dead in a really weird place that they shouldn't have been able to reach.

I liked it, up until the part where they put Slenderman in it. Totally ruined it for me, as it was close to believable prior to that. (Everyone knows Slenderman is fake, and it's annoying as hell when people keep going back to saying he's real.)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

There's a short movie about stairs in the woods too, though I don't know much about the "plot". I never cared enough to look.

--FreeFlier