Sgt. Howard's Wedding- comments section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Re: Sgt. Howard's Wedding- comments section

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:35 pm Still... hindsight 20/20 and all, I should have kept my comment to something like:

So... you finally decided it was time you were "doing it right"? ;)
HEHEHEHEHEH- I have to admit, when writing "Doing it Right" I was thinking about finally making Annie "Mrs. Howard"! Our actual wedding was performed by a Baptist Minister. Paul Stookey was not there- he couldn't make it, prior engagements, you see- But still it was a fine time with the reception at my place. Annie's family and a few close friends populated the mayhem. Annie had me make a 1/6th scale footbridge for a bridal Barbi and groom Ken to stand on- Annie's sister had the two dolls doing lewd shit, changing positions as she attempted various Karma Sutra poses- the dolls were photographed more than the bride and groom. There was no ETOH at the event (to my knowledge), so it was not as volatile as it could have been.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:09 am
Warrl wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:19 am
lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:34 amI sometimes suffer from hoofinmouth disease...
Don't we all...
No offence taken- we were divorced a good number of years at the time, and I actually came pretty close to killing her for what she was doing to my children. I stopped right at the "moment of truth" when I realized I would be killing the mother of my children- and I realized that couldn't live with that. If ever there was a motive for murder, she provided it in spades. She has since answered to a higher court.

I just found it amusing - she HAD remarried, once the alimony ran out, and our relationship was ... cordial... enough that the children (now adult) didn't need to brace themselves when she and I got in contact. When word got out of her death, nearly everyone who knew us was asking me how I did it...
I've known a few ex-spouses who inspired that kind of reaction.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Brow furrowed, she asked, "Where's your Dad? Is he out there?"

"He and Al are out on the front yard, yakkin'. I think they waiting on the sun."

"Al?" she thought, "... who's Al?... OH... that's right! We have company... "

"Don't bother bringing it back here- I'll put on some clothes and take it out there."
That's very considerate of her... :lol:
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

lake_wrangler wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:17 pm
Brow furrowed, she asked,
"Don't bother bringing it back here- I'll put on some clothes and take it out there."
That's very considerate of her... :lol:
She can have her coffee anywhere she wants...

I make it a matter of personal policy not to chastise people who are more dangerous than I am.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

By the way, do the boys know/how do they feel about being immortalized in fanfic for posterity?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

"The state has eyes?" Maggie asked.
Ah! If only it were not so... :roll:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:30 pm By the way, do the boys know/how do they feel about being immortalized in fanfic for posterity?
James is kinda 'meh' about it- Andrew thinks it is funny as hell, because he CAN'T speak with a drawl to save his soul... but he does know some German and Yiddish ...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hey! Where's the rest? I'm going into withdrawal, here! ;)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Working on it- Annie's Mother spent a chunk of last night in the ER due to potassium levels that went critically low... this after we just moved her into her new apartment (so new that she is the first occupant!). At one point we had six adults living in this three-bedroom/two bath 24'x48' double-wide mobile home... it is now pared down to four between the niece shacking up with a new boyfriend and my Mother-in-law's relocation. There will be further developments this week, I promise... and it will be in the usual chaos y'all have learned to love.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I hope that Annie's mother does well.

I was expecting Mr. Hetzer's AR to maybe have the issues of two that came into the shop for short-stroking . . . one had the wrong (mid-length) gas tube, and the other had been loaded with a mixture of .300 Blackout, .223 and 5.56mm . . . naturally, when it fired a .223 or 5.56, it short-stroked.

At least that wasn't dangerous, as firing a .300 Blackout round in a .223 or 5.56mm rifle would be.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

We knew Sarge is a hard-headed fellow...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Warrl wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 pm We knew Sarge is a hard-headed fellow...
At 180 meters, that is about what you would expect energy wise from a 9 mm. Conversely, what happened to Steve is about what you would expect from a .44 magnum at that range- mind you, PLACEMENT of either shot is a 'one in a million' bullseye...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Reminds me of the report of an FBI office bringing their newbies around to talk to a certain "suspect" . . . very few of the newbies were the same afterwards. :lol: :lol: :lol:

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

By the way:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:44 pm By the way:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!
Thank you kindly, good Sir!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Back from vacation, and loving this new installment!

(Can't help but wonder how much of this is true... I seem to recall one of Al's stories beginning with something to the effect of "the following is all true, except for the parts that are not.")

[Nitpick]
"I am not surprised they whitewashed it."
[/Nitpick]

I want moooooaaaaar! :mrgreen:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:28 am Back from vacation, and loving this new installment!

(Can't help but wonder how much of this is true... I seem to recall one of Al's stories beginning with something to the effect of "the following is all true, except for the parts that are not.")

[Nitpick]
"I am not surprised they whitewashed it."
[/Nitpick]

I want moooooaaaaar! :mrgreen:
Actually- in regard to my experiences with the Army, and the FBI, it actually happened...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

A blister...

Well, I suppose that's true. Just how would one get one there, however, I cannot imagine... nor do I want to, either...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:42 pmA blister...

Well, I suppose that's true. Just how would one get one there, however, I cannot imagine... nor do I want to, either...
Walking in wet pants can cause blisters in really inconvenient places.

Cold can numb wet skin enough to prevent realization of what's happening.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Having decided that I showed very weak effort here, I started losing interest. Just finished re-writing a goodly portion thereof (towards the end), LMK what you think
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.