Remember the fake mugger?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Remember the fake mugger?

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Remember the fake mugger?

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:14 pm The one Heather pulled a gun on?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6020 ... 6a89a23824
I remember seeing that- as one who carries with permit, I did wonder about the intelligence of the maneuver... I would have had him on the ground, one way or another...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, it is often said that when one plays stupid games, one wins stupid prizes.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm Well, it is often said that when one plays stupid games, one wins stupid prizes.
Darwin Award nominee
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Warrl wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Alkarii wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm Well, it is often said that when one plays stupid games, one wins stupid prizes.
Darwin Award nominee
Only if he never had any children/donated sperm. The stupidity has to have removed the winner from the gene pool. So it is possible to win a Darwin Award while still alive.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

When all of those terrorizing unsuspecting people videos were so hot, I always wondered how long it would be before somebody got shot.

And it's not like there wasn't warning in popular culture . . . even Hill Street Blues had an episode revolving around the victim shooting back. (And if I'm aware of that, there must have been more.)

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:25 pm
Warrl wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Darwin Award nominee
Only if he never had any children/donated sperm. The stupidity has to have removed the winner from the gene pool. So it is possible to win a Darwin Award while still alive.
Actually, the Darwin Award rules explicitly say that having already had children is not a disqualification.

(Also that, while most nominees do die in the process of qualifying, sterilization also qualifies.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I found this ref too, while reminding myself of Owen & Lakshmi's bowling date; it's Shelly prowling the neighborhood looking for a VHS copy of Bridget Jones' Diary, and
ends up seeing what looks like a hold-up

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/05072003/