Vote.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Atomic

Re: Vote.

Post by Atomic »

Meanwhile, back on topic:

Michigan judge allows release of report from Dominion voting equipment forensic audit in Antrim County Link

Further discussion and links to source Here

TL;DR: Report claims 68% error rate, plus one county Adjucated (manually "adjusted") 94% of over 100,000 ballots. Tracking logs are missing.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:08 am Meanwhile, back on topic:

Michigan judge allows release of report from Dominion voting equipment forensic audit in Antrim County Link

Further discussion and links to source Here

TL;DR: Report claims 68% error rate, plus one county Adjucated (manually "adjusted") 94% of over 100,000 ballots. Tracking logs are missing.
Got any other reports of this from other sources that look more deeply into the allegations?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Uh, too late kids. Biden won the Electoral Vote.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:43 pm Uh, too late kids. Biden won the Electoral Vote.
Actually, until January 6, when Congress is slated to count the electoral vote, nothing has been decided: there is still time for lawsuits to make their way up, and for State legislatures to be convinced to override the electoral vote and choose for themselves (whatever the right wording is...)
AnotherFairportfan

Lawsuits will probably be like the rest of the lawsuits - dismissed as soon as they hit court.

Mitch McConnell is asking Senators to not contest the electoral vote.

And it's VERY unlikely that states can retract their electoral votes - and, in most states {like Georgia} overriding the popular vote wouldn't be possible, even BEFORE the electors vote.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings?

I don't know. I get the impression that some people involved in the process are still hoping for something to happen before Jan. 6, so I'll just wait and see what happens.
(I certainly won't just blindly trust whatever the mainstream media says, that's for sure...)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

IIRC, there is a Constitutional process where State legislatures can reject the Electors representing the "popular" vote and appoint their own. This then falls on Congress and the 6 Jan deadline to choose which electors to accept/reject, and then count the electoral votes. I forget the name for this, so I can't Google it ATM.

For the number crunchers out there, there's this from a Loud Headline site. Not sure who the author is, other than "Exclusive" to that site, I presume.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

A summary page of various lawsuits and such so far: Link.

My Deviant Art scribbles
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

This Space Left Intentionally Blank...
Last edited by TazManiac on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/15/94638152 ... perts-warn

Right-Wing Embrace Of Conspiracy Is 'Mass Radicalization,' Experts Warn
------

I understand that there is a lot of people who are suspicious of the Mainstream Media.

I caution folks to recall that memorable quote:. "Where are we going?, And why are we in this Handbasket?"
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And I can remember someone writing a nice book about his struggle to be understood. Too bad it was all written in German.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

TazManiac wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 pm https://www.npr.org/2020/12/15/94638152 ... perts-warn

I don't remember any similar warning from them as the left embraced and wallowed in the "Trump Russian Collusion" mythology, or the various statements that non-leftists are "deplorable" and worse...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Indeed.

"Our side is virtuous, your side is insane." Er, no.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Warrl wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm
TazManiac wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 pm https://www.npr.org/2020/12/15/94638152 ... perts-warn

I don't remember any similar warning from them as the left embraced and wallowed in the "Trump Russian Collusion" mythology, or the various statements that non-leftists are "deplorable" and worse...
Well, NPR is a reliable news outlet, and the left wasn't making those statements. That was spin from other outlets.

HRC did not say that non-leftists are deplorable. She said that a lot of groups with deplorable views support Trump. Which seems pretty obviously correct now--the real hardcore extremists (Klan, Proud Boys, white supremacists, and neo-Nazis) are all for him.

I think everyone here understands that I'm not lumping all Trump voters in with the deplorables. Life and politics are more complicated than that. My point is that what was actually meant got lost in the shitstorm.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm

I find it amusing that whenever the mainstream media mentions President Trump, they cast him as a divider, as a spreader of misinformation... and that his claims about the election are always painted as "baseless", or "without a shred of evidence"...

(Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Electors in 7 States Cast Dueling Votes for Trump

Along with the obligatory "fact check" contrary response...

Is it me, or every time someone on the right makes a claim, someone on the left is quick to stand up and say "no, that's not true, that's not how you're supposed to understand what just happened"... :roll:

Yes, it is becoming difficult to know who to trust.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Trump is an ass. Always has been, it's not Strength he displays; it's Bluster and Bullying, and Buffoonery. And he sucks at even those performances.

This is not about the Left or the Right, Democrat of Republican or Other. This is my observation based on things he has done and said, even from places and outlets that were seeking to cast him in a favorable. light.

"I don't need to Govern, or even Lead, I just need to Impress enough people that I can gain the top spot, and keep it." But the Emperor has no clothes and the shiny Fearmongering wore thin over time.

My informal polling has led my to identify two very large groups of people, of the ones who actually voted this last go round-

1) That Dude is Crazy!, I'm not voting for Him! &

2) I'm voting for Trump because he's going to keep 'Those Other People' (tm) from taking my stuff.

The dude should have attended Clown College w/ Barnum & Bailey et al; (didn't they used to Winter Over in Florida?) , He'd have done a better job w/ some Higher Learning.

[edit] - I wanted to amend my rant with I have decided opinions, but I mean no disrespect to my fellow forum-ites.
Last edited by TazManiac on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 pmYes, it is becoming difficult to know who to trust.
I dunno... I find it easy to determine whom I trust on political stuff.

NOBODY.

The information content of politicians' statements, media statements, and social-media statements on political matters (and in their hands pretty much everything is political) is equal to that of the quacking ducks in the local pond. And I hope that isn't insulting to the ducks.

(And yes, I do contribute to the meaningless noise. Occasionally at some length.)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

We can all rest in peace, knowing that the left is sure to protect religious freedom, seeing as it truly understand what religion is about...

Kamala Harris Explains What Hanukkah Is; Ben Shapiro Reacts
AnotherFairportfan

Okay - this was originally posted to the wrong thread:
Lou Dobbs’ Vote Fraud Lies Debunked On His Program After Legal Threat By Vote Tech Firm
The segment shot down Dobbs’ previous claims after a letter from Smartmatic demanded “full and complete retraction of all its false and defamatory statements.”
Fox Business host Lou Dobbs aired a segment on his program Friday debunking his own screeds about election fraud following a legal threat from a company he’s been baselessly attacking.

Dobbs featured a nonpartisan election expert who shot down his attacks after Fox News, which owns Fox Business, received a letter from a lawyer representing the election tech company Smartmatic.

“There are lots of opinions about the integrity of the election,” Dobbs said at the start of the segment, before turning to a pretaped interview with Edward Perez of the nonprofit Open Source Election Technology Institute contradicting his claims about Smartmatic.

The detailed 20-page letter from Smartmatic demanded a “full and complete retraction of all false and defamatory statements and reports” aired by the network in its coverage of the presidential election. Similar letters were sent to media outlets Newsmax and One America News, which regularly back Donald Trump.

“Fox News has engaged in a concerted disinformation campaign against Smartmatic,” the letter stated. “Fox News told its millions of viewers and readers that Smartmatic was founded by [the late Venezuelan President] Hugo Chávez, that its software was designed to fix elections, and that Smartmatic conspired with others to defraud the American people and fix the 2020 U.S. election by changing, inflating, and deleting votes.”

The claims are categorically false, stated the letter, which included quotes from Dobbs that it slammed as “false and defamatory statements/implications.”

Fox News, Newsmax and One America News could have “easily discovered the falsity of the statements and implications made about Smartmatic by investigating their statements before publishing them to millions of viewers and readers,” the letter noted.

The letter said the three media operations have exaggerated the company’s role in the elections, and that Smartmatic was involved with only Los Angeles County’s publicly owned voting system.

As part of a scramble to avoid being sued by the company, the same fact-checking segment was aired on Fox News’ “Justice With Judge Jeanine” Saturday night. It is also scheduled to air on “Sunday Morning Futures,” hosted by Maria Bartiromo, on Sunday, Fox News told The Washington Post.

The letter noted both programs had spewed false, defamatory information, including in statements given on the programs by Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and QAnon-supporting lawyer Sidney Powell.

Trump alarmed his aides Friday as he revealed at a meeting in the Oval Office that he was considering naming Powell as a special counsel to investigate his imagined election fraud.

Dominion Voting Systems, which was also baselessly attacked by Trump supporters, demanded this week that Powell retract her statements about its voting systems.

“Your reckless disinformation campaign is predicated on lies that have endangered Dominion’s business and the lives of its employees,” lawyers for the company wrote.