The deliberate fail of Seattle

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

The deliberate fail of Seattle

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Currently, some six blocks of the Capitol Hill district of Seattle are under ANTIFA control. This was not actually conquest, as the Mayor ordered the police precinct in that district to be abandoned, thus allowing ANTIFA access. The six blocks are cordoned off with barricades and pairs of individuals with rifles are seen 'patrolling' the area. Signs on the barricades indicate that this is "Free Capitol Hill" and "You are now leaving the United States". Exactly what is going on inside this perimeter is a little unsure- there is not much communication with those who live or work there. What IS pretty apparent is that this is being funded- ownership of a semi-automatic rifle in Seattle is nearly impossible, food has to be a major issue and several other logistics issues do not seem to have a viable solution that is readily apparent. Governor Inslee has made no statement about the situation, but instead is passing even more restrictive rules regarding COVID-19. One almost gets the impression that ANTIFA is intended to REPLACE the police...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Re: The deliberate fail of Seattle

Post by Sgt. Howard »

And now- last night, city councilwoman Kshama Sawant unlocked the doors of Seattle city hall after hours to allow hundreds of protesters in- calling for the resignation of Mayor Jenny Durkan. The protest was peaceful and from what I could tell left little/no mess.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I vaguely remember an after action study about the Los Angeles riots of the 70s regarding participants, damage, and related actions. IIRC, the local people largely didn't destroy their homes or local businesses, but outsiders did. It was part of an arson study about "Do people burn down their own homes?" The answer was No to a very large degree -- the culprit was primarily insurance fraud for small scale actions. The rioters justifying large scale actions by saying "They have insurance" don't realize or care that "Riot" is specifically excluded from coverage in most every policy.

So now the people who organized and/or fell into cooperating with the prime drivers of the rioting have discovered Logistics. No food or other resources because -- riot. Same as it ever was...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

From the SeattleTimes:
Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.

As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”

Fox’s site had no disclaimers revealing the photos had been manipulated. The network removed the images after inquiries from The Seattle Times.

In addition, Fox’s site for a time on Friday ran a frightening image of a burning city, above a package of stories about Seattle’s protests, headlined “CRAZY TOWN.” The photo actually showed a scene from St. Paul, Minnesota, on May 30. That image also was later removed.

In an emailed statement, a Fox News spokeswoman said: “We have replaced our photo illustration with the clearly delineated images of a gunman and a shattered storefront, both of which were taken this week in Seattle’s autonomous zone.”

That statement is inaccurate, as the gunman photo was taken June 10, while storefront images it was melded with were datelined May 30 by Getty Images.

The network’s misleading and faked images were published as the Capitol Hill zone — quickly labeled CHAZ — became a political flashpoint for conservatives nationally and a target of tweets by President Donald Trump, who has branded the demonstrators “domestic terrorists” and threatened federal action unless local officials “take back” the area.

National news outlets on Friday also continued to cite a now-withdrawn comment by a Seattle police commander suggesting protesters were extorting payments from businesses within CHAZ. Seattle police Chief Carmen Best walked back that statement on Thursday, saying the comment was based on rumor and social media. “We haven’t had any formal reports of this occurring,” she said.

The daily scene at CHAZ has mostly been peaceful, with artists painting an enormous “Black Lives Matter” street mural and people gathering for free food, music and documentary films.

However, armed individuals have appeared in the zone, which was occupied by protesters after Seattle police retreated as a de-escalation move following several nights in which police fired tear gas and flash-bang devices. Police said that was in response to projectiles being thrown at officers. At a news conference this week, Best said she disagreed with the decision to leave the precinct, saying its abandonment has led to increased 911 response times.

The June 10 photo of an unidentified man with a gun standing in front of a car in CHAZ was taken by Seattle freelance photographer David Ryder, who distributed the photo through Getty Images.

The image, as displayed on the Fox News website, was spliced with other photos, including a photo of a smashed retail storefront in May, making it look as though the scene was all playing out concurrently in the autonomous zone. “It is definitely Photoshopped,” confirmed Ryder. “To use a photo out of context in a journalistic setting like that seems unethical.”

Photojournalism ethics experts agreed.

“I think it’s disgraceful propaganda and terribly misrepresentative of documentary journalism in times like this, when truth-telling and accountability is so important,” said Kenny Irby, a photojournalism ethics educator and consultant. “There is no attribution. There is no acknowledgment of the montage, and it’s terribly misleading.”

Akili Ramsess, executive director of the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA), said ethical standards clearly prohibit alteration of photos in news accounts.
Apparently the gang at FOX Izvestia think their viewers are stupid; two faked photos using the same secondary image with shadows that don't match

Sloppy work by the fakers:
fake.jpg
fake.jpg (30.39 KiB) Viewed 16450 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Personally, I suspect a long shot bait and switch deal, here... Show how nice a cop-free area can be, for all the media to spread the word, and when it happens "for real", like if those city council people in Minneapolis have their way, and defund (underfund, dismantle?) the police department, then the real face of things will appear and conditions will no longer be so nice...
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:21 pm
Personally, I suspect a long shot bait and switch deal, here... Show how nice a cop-free area can be, for all the media to spread the word, and when it happens "for real", like if those city council people in Minneapolis have their way, and defund (underfund, dismantle?) the police department, then the real face of things will appear and conditions will no longer be so nice...
Yeah. That's how the Nazis did it...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:14 am
lake_wrangler wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:21 pm
Yeah. That's how the Nazis did it...
Upvote!

Remember - the police aren't there to protect the people from criminals, they're there to protect the criminals from the people.

My Deviant Art scribbles
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That's not the worst of it, though.

The cop that killed George Floyd... committed voter fraud.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Atomic wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:53 amRemember - the police aren't there to protect the people from criminals, they're there to protect the criminals from the people.
Richard Daley, 1968 {after news footage showed Chicago police - many of whom had removed their badges - charging peaceful protestors during the Democratic Convention}:
The confrontation was not created by the police; the confrontation was created by the people who charged the police. Gentlemen, let's get the thing straight, once and for all. The policeman isn't there to create disorder; the policeman is there to preserve disorder.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Regardless of what you may think of Ben Shapiro, I had a good laugh listening to his reaction to the CHAZ... :lol:

Methinks someone, somewhere, did not think the whole CHAZ concept through properly... :roll:

(Yes, I know that there may not have been any extortion going on, but I think this video was made before the police "walked back" the claims... Then again, I would not be surprised if there had been extortion, but that the police was bullied into taking it back, as it would not fit the "narrative" the left wants to put out to the public...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Not from Seattle, but here is the touching viewpoint of the wife of a police officer, concerning all the rioting:

Police wife: Mainstream media ignores that my husband’s life matters too
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Currently these goombas are looking across the way at the West Precinct- this is where the 911 calls come in and gives them control over the I-5/I-90 junction... thus control over all traffic in and out of Seattle... but in the meantime they have published a fundraiser to replace the two AR-15s that were STOLEN from their guards!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:12 am but in the meantime they have published a fundraiser to replace the two AR-15s that were STOLEN from their guards!
Oh no! Somebody call the police! Oh, wait...

:P :lol:
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

lake_wrangler wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:04 am
Sgt. Howard wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:12 am but in the meantime they have published a fundraiser to replace the two AR-15s that were STOLEN from their guards!
Oh no! Somebody call the police! Oh, wait...

:P :lol:
Lowway robbery?
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Peace, Love, and Equality right now you bastards, before we beat the crap out of you!

Yeah, right.

My Deviant Art scribbles