Watch NASA assembling the next Mars rover - live

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Watch NASA assembling the next Mars rover - live

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: Watch NASA assembling the next Mars rover - live

Post by TazManiac »

I didn't mention it till now, but I thought this is pretty cool...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Even cooler than the livestreamed asphalt drop.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Next up: live-streaming efforts to manipulate drops of asphalt into forming a new Mars rover, as a new form of 3D printing!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm Next up: live-streaming efforts to manipulate drops of asphalt into forming a new Mars rover, as a new form of 3D printing!
The next step after that, is to have a Mars Rover turned into an asphalt street producing vehicle... No longer worrying about rugged terrain, just have it form its own street in front of itself. Of course, it would slow down the forward motion, as it has to wait for the newly dropped asphalt to solidify before moving on, and it would also limit how far it could go altogether, as it could only carry a limited supply of asphalt with it... Of course, it could also recuperate the asphalt behind it and recycle it into a new road in front... :P
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:26 pm
Catawampus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm Next up: live-streaming efforts to manipulate drops of asphalt into forming a new Mars rover, as a new form of 3D printing!
The next step after that, is to have a Mars Rover turned into an asphalt street producing vehicle... No longer worrying about rugged terrain, just have it form its own street in front of itself. Of course, it would slow down the forward motion, as it has to wait for the newly dropped asphalt to solidify before moving on, and it would also limit how far it could go altogether, as it could only carry a limited supply of asphalt with it... Of course, it could also recuperate the asphalt behind it and recycle it into a new road in front... :P
It would also completely defeat the purpose of having a rover there to collect data on Mars... contamination from that would be hideous.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Contamination, shmontamination... :P

"Big oil" industry will need new outlets, once the earth is all paved over... :mrgreen:
How else do you expect them to keep profitable, hmm?