3rd party Batteries for Older Laptops

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

3rd party Batteries for Older Laptops

Post by TazManiac »

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop that has a worn battery (it was tooling along just fine w/ about two thirds of it's maximum total watt/hours...) but it seems the 'counter' in the thing decided it was time to buy a new one.

I'm still investigating scrambling the odometer in that built-in chip, but I knew a replacement was on the horizon, surely before the end of this year any way.
(Despite that, I had thought to upgrade to an SSD, solid-state hard drive first.)

In any case, I'm looking at (what seems like over priced, but OEM ) Dell batteries vs the stuff I can get for cheaper on the eBay and Amazon sites.

I know its important to avoid being penny-wise and pound-foolish, but I'm going to go ahead and ask if anyone has had experience with either:

SiKER and/or NinjaBatt companies.

(uh, oops-) ? (forgot I was asking a question...)

The crazy thing was, I was watching the screen and fell asleep, with it plugged into the wall, and awoke to find the battery light flashing orange-
and no more battery action.

It's a real pain to have the cord get slightly pulled out and have the whole OS session just up and wink out of existence.
Dave

Re: 3rd party Batteries for Older Laptops

Post by Dave »

I bought a Ninja battery recently for my several-years-old Dell laptop (which I had bought from Dell's refurbishment department).

The Ninja has been working fine for some weeks... no trouble noted. Not a long period of experience, but at least it didn't catch fire so far ;)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I'd have to go back and check on the brands I've bought. In general, I've found that ebay batteries are a crapshoot, but generally worth what you pay for them. Amazon batteries tend to have a bit better quality, but you pay for it. The ones in my Dell Latitudes are solid batteries, but they did cost me $40 each, rather than the cheap ones at $18.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Kewl, and Thx. Just going to pull the trigger and take a chance...

I'll report back with results, either way.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Either way this one:.

https://www.amazon.com/SiKER-Battery-Latitude-E6320-Compatible/dp/B0116Z6ME0

Or, this one:

https://www.amazon.com/NinjaBatt-Latitude-312-1381-451-11980-451-11703/dp/B01KXRT1TA

(Man, schtupid , cell phone is schtupid; simple copy/ paste..)