A NASA picture

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

A NASA picture

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Fixed original broken link.

Also, giving credit, i swiped the photo and comments on it from "The Old Grognard" at the Misfile forum {Registration required to access.}
NASA & Space X plan launch of robotic space penguin angel, which will carry human passengers.
Well, OK, not quite a penguin--but something like. Giggle-inducing adorable, anyway.
Speaking of NASA and Space-X..
Hovertext:

Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: A NASA picture

Post by TazManiac »

Damn, I'm sorry to have missed this when you first posted it- that's High-Larious!

btw- "Where are the Flying Cars? We were supposed to have Flying Cars by now..."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

1, the "NASA & Space X" link is pointing to a nonexistent page on this forum.

2, the thing says "Dragon" right there on the side. (Although it looks more like a penguin to me too - in spite of looking not very much like a penguin.)

3, about the flying cars: think about the variable quality of maintenance that cars on the road receive. Do you want that traffic flying over your house?
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Not just the quality of maintenance, but the drivers are terrible, too. Folks don't know how to merge or using a turn signal. Or follow at a safe distance.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Imagine the ducking and dodging already going on around 'island in the stream' drivers - in 3-D. Weaving becomes much more problematic with no ground friction.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm 1, the "NASA & Space X" link is pointing to a nonexistent page on this forum.
Sorry - i lifted that from another forum {without credit - it was originally posted on the Misfile forum; my bad for not mentioning it} and i assumed the link pointed to some online article - i'll see if i can get the right link, or i'll de-link it.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Alkarii wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:13 am Not just the quality of maintenance, but the drivers are terrible, too. Folks don't know how to merge or using a turn signal. Or follow at a safe distance.
...and the engineering.

I don't want cows flying over my house, either.
AnotherFairportfan

I fixed the bad link - the link, for some reason, broke in the middle when i posted it; making it all one again fixed that.

The original poster was "The Old Grognard" on the Misfile forum; his post is here - but unless you're registered, you wouldn't be able to see it there.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:05 pm I don't want cows flying over my house, either.
You don't have all that much choice in the matter. If they're going to jump over the moon they have to start from somewhere, after all. And, once they get above 400 feet, they're in FAA-managed public airspace and you (the surface property owner) no longer have jurisdiction.

All you can do, really, is ask your neighbors politely to give you advance notice when they load up their bullista.

(Now playing: Coil, NASA Arab)