Hearts and Hooves Day VI: Stallion the Course

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

shadowinthelight

Hearts and Hooves Day VI: Stallion the Course

Post by shadowinthelight »

HHD I, II, III, IV, and V

Really, I've been doing this for six years? :shock: Even if I don't visit the forum much I'll keep doing it as long as horse puns exist. I hope everyone has a great day with much love or at least tolerable with much chocolate. Julie very much like the big stuffed sloth I gave her. Baxter was not a fan. He says hi.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Re: Hearts and Hooves Day VI: Stallion the Course

Post by jwhouk »

I'm just glad you and Miss Julie are happy. :)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Yay! And sloths are cool, as well as danger noodles, moreso if both are baby and plushy.

Happy hearts day you two!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Huzzah for multiple years of huzzah-worthy huzzahness! Now that you've accomplished sloth, time to get to work on the other six sins. Heck, why stop at just seven?
DinkyInky wrote:And sloths are cool, as well as danger noodles. . .
I first took that to be you referring to sloths as being cool danger noodles, which seemed rather an odd claim to make.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Baxter and Jasper would have much to discuss about how rough it is for dogs. I've known dogs. I can tell. :mrgreen:

So glad to see Shadow and Julie back here! And Dinky! Dinky is boosting some action on the boards 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Typeminer wrote:Baxter and Jasper would have much to discuss about how rough it is for dogs. I've known dogs. I can tell. :mrgreen:

So glad to see Shadow and Julie back here! And Dinky! Dinky is boosting some action on the boards 8-)
I have my reasons.

Also not really good company lately, so I stay offline to not upset folks.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Catawampus wrote:Huzzah for multiple years of huzzah-worthy huzzahness! Now that you've accomplished sloth, time to get to work on the other six sins. Heck, why stop at just seven?
DinkyInky wrote:And sloths are cool, as well as danger noodles. . .
I first took that to be you referring to sloths as being cool danger noodles, which seemed rather an odd claim to make.
Danger noodle = Snek.

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

For today, I took my wife to bed, turned out the lights... then let her take a nap as I did the laundry and dishes. Oh, pardon, I think the fondue pot is just about done, time to dip the fresh fruit I picked up from the farmer's market. BRB.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

We actually celebrated on Sunday (mostly because of my stupid work schedule). It was pricey but I would still highly recommend Piccolo Mondo for an enjoyable dinner experience. Everything tasted great but the potatoes in particular were redonkulous.
Typeminer wrote:Baxter and Jasper would have much to discuss about how rough it is for dogs. I've known dogs. I can tell. :mrgreen:)
Only if Jasper has a high tolerance for those still in the super-high-energy-I-bite-you-because-I-love-you-ermagerd-zoooom phase of life.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Typeminer wrote:Baxter and Jasper would have much to discuss about how rough it is for dogs. I've known dogs. I can tell. :mrgreen:)
Only if Jasper has a high tolerance for those still in the super-high-energy-I-bite-you-because-I-love-you-ermagerd-zoooom phase of life.
My(I hate to call him a senior) TROLLCAT is like that at four am. Also loves to pop out of cabinets & go, "Mowm? Mowmmowmmowm!" when I'm making coffee.

Image(imagine an ornery tuxedo with a soul patch making this expression and you've got my cat)

--Safyr Drathmir
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

You know, I kept forgetting that yesterday was a holiday. Not that I've ever really celebrated it before, though.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I've had a set of legacy cats since Xmas day, after about 12 years without a permanent quadruped presence. Siblings, tuxedo male and calico female. They could come and go as they pleased at my dad's place, but there it's at least a quarter mile to a hard road in any direction. They were used to being left alone for a week or two while he was traveling, with someone coming once a week to make sure they had food, but we didn't think it was fair to leave them in that kind of situation permanently. I wasn't shopping for cats, but I have a 3-story rowhouse and I telecommute, so it was the best option. They miss going outside, but they have a younger big chimp (if one sadly lacking in entertainment value), and they don't have to defend the place against the raccoons.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Typeminer wrote:I've had a set of legacy cats since Xmas day, after about 12 years without a permanent quadruped presence. Siblings, tuxedo male and calico female. They could come and go as they pleased at my dad's place, but there it's at least a quarter mile to a hard road in any direction. They were used to being left alone for a week or two while he was traveling, with someone coming once a week to make sure they had food, but we didn't think it was fair to leave them in that kind of situation permanently. I wasn't shopping for cats, but I have a 3-story rowhouse and I telecommute, so it was the best option. They miss going outside, but they have a younger big chimp (if one sadly lacking in entertainment value), and they don't have to defend the place against the raccoons.
I was catsitting for a relative. They had to move in a hurry. Then the new place didn't tell them it was only a short-term place, or that theplace was scheduled to be demolished for condos. After a series of those type incidents, I decided that TROLLCAT was now mine, and that if they get a stable residence, I will adopt a cat for them. I make sure kiddo and I take allergy meds on schedule, and this cat is spoiled rotten. I can't imagine life without a cat now.

Congratulations on your new overlords. I'm sure they will break you in gently. :lol:

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii wrote:You know, I kept forgetting that yesterday was a holiday...
Better ('better'), than that; I looked at the title for this annual post and figured it was FanFic and I hadn't gotten around to catching that far up yet so... (Compounding the error is the fact that while I was pretty good at the first three [4?], I surely missed last year's entry altogether. :(

St Val's is a good time to get bombarded by the Big Business Expectations Algorithm but the 15th+ is 'Discount Chocolate Day', so there are compensations.

Happy Happy, Joy joy to those who are OK, with or without that special someone.

To those not feeling the feels, or maybe feeling the yawning emptiness of being partner-less I offer Strength & Love,

and Patience.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

TazManiac wrote: the 15th+ is 'Discount Chocolate Day', so there are compensations.
The eternal curse of my diet...and again this year. Dove chocolates in bags for $1/bag....insidious.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Just Old Al wrote:
TazManiac wrote: the 15th+ is 'Discount Chocolate Day', so there are compensations.
The eternal curse of my diet...and again this year. Dove chocolates in bags for $1/bag....insidious.
Suit yerself, mate, I call it heaven. So does my girlfriend - there was an unspoken “look at each other and nod” agreement to buy chocolates later.

It was also out of necessity, because I’m working 70-80 hour weeks and thus have neither the energy nor the patience to go out and do anything with what little free time I do have.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

And if you want to be super thrifty, you can even buy the candies for next Valentine's Day now, while it's on sale! That way you won't have to worry about forgetting and trying to find something at the last moment!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Catawampus wrote:And if you want to be super thrifty, you can even buy the candies for next Valentine's Day now, while it's on sale! That way you won't have to worry about forgetting and trying to find something at the last moment!
Ewww...unless you bag and freeze the chocolates, they go funky in a year(hence why when I had a standalone freezer I had multiple cartons of freezer wrapped Cadbury eggs stashed away for emergencies).
Most non-chocolate soft candies have other issues that stale them or render them inedible.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(makes them more suitable for slingshot duty...)

Bitter?, I'm not Bitter. Not even Cynical or any'ting. :roll: