Kim Definite

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Kim Definite

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

'Kim Possible' Live-Action Movie in the Works at Disney Channel
Joe Otterson/Variety wrote:The Disney Channel is developing a live-action movie version of the beloved cartoon series "Kim Possible."

Casting has begun on the project, which follows the titular hero, a typical high school girl who saves the world from evil villains with the help of her sidekick Ron Stoppable, his naked mole-rat Rufus, and computer genius Wade.

The original series launched in 2002 and ran for 87 episodes, and was nominated for an Emmy in 2003 for outstanding animated program. It also inspired two animated Disney Channel movies, "Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama" and "Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time." Christy Carlson-Romano voiced Kim in the series, with Will Friedle voicing Ron.

The live-action movie script will be written by the series' creators Mark McCorkle and Robert Schooley, who will also executive produce. Josh Cagan will also write, with Zanne Devine also serving as executive producers. The movie will be co-directed and co-produced by Adam B. Stein and Zach Lipovsky.

"Mark and Bob created an enduring character and kids all over the world found a friend in her, an average girl who just happens to spend her off-school hours thwarting evil villains," said Adam Bonnett, executive vice president, original programming for Disney Channels Worldwide. "Although Kim Possible 'can do anything,' kids and tweens found that this animated redhead was just like them. As we embark on the fun challenge of making Kim and Ron fully dimensional, I'm thrilled to be working again with Mark and Bob and to welcome the addition of a dynamic creative team – Josh, Zanne, Adam and Zach – into a world where anything is indeed possible."
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: Kim Definite

Post by TazManiac »

Ah yes, 'Rule 34'... There were many strange and interesting tropes generated and expounded upon in that Animated Series. I did a marathon run one time as I had never seen it on Cartoon Network or wherever.

It's pretty witty, I like the style, and who doesn't feel like a naked mole rat from time to time...
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:Ah yes, 'Rule 34'... There were many strange and interesting tropes generated and expounded upon in that Animated Series. I did a marathon run one time as I had never seen it on Cartoon Network or wherever.

It's pretty witty, I like the style, and who doesn't feel like a naked mole rat from time to time...
I wouldn't particularly call that meme "Rule 34" - "Rule 17", perhaps.

There are some Seriously Rude ones involving Rufus you might stumble across if you're not careful how you set your search terms...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

That's one of those shows where I've heard of it every now and then, but I haven't even seen as much as a minute of the actual show. It's not that I had anything against the idea of the show (I didn't know anything about it, really), I just never bothered to watch it.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Catawampus wrote:That's one of those shows where I've heard of it every now and then, but I haven't even seen as much as a minute of the actual show. It's not that I had anything against the idea of the show (I didn't know anything about it, really), I just never bothered to watch it.
Well, there are indeed a great many things that other's have loved and/or mentioned that I take great pride in never having seen a lick there of, but Kim Possible is, ehhh OK I suppose. Granted, it's intended demographic skews Teen and pre-Teen, but still- there are Aesthetic things worth appreciating nonetheless.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Ah yes, 'Rule 34'... There were many strange and interesting tropes generated and expounded upon in that Animated Series. I did a marathon run one time as I had never seen it on Cartoon Network or wherever.

I wouldn't particularly call that meme "Rule 34" - "Rule 17", perhaps.

There are some Seriously Rude ones involving Rufus you might stumble across if you're not careful how you set your search terms...
I'm not sure what Rule 17 is:

- 17. A cat is fine too.
- 17. Every win fails eventually.
depends on your source...

I can be very sure that my two statements (Rule 34) & (Naked Mole Rat) aren't really meant to be taken together. The first was related to 'Strong Female Protagonist(s)' and it's direct application to things more Adult in nature. The sidekick-varmint was only really referring to empathy, etc...
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:I'm not sure what Rule 17 is
Half as bad as Rule 34.

Sort of the opposite of Edward Eager's brilliant kids' book Half Magic, where some kids in the 1920s {at one point the narration makes a point that movies had not yet learnt to talk}, in which a bunch of kids find a magic charm that grants wishes - but only half-way: They wind up, as a result of one of them wishing {id;ly, before he knew what the charm was} that they were on a desert island, life being boring.

Suddenly they're in the middle of the Sahara, and he asks what happened. His older sister says "You wished we were on a desert island and got half your wish - desert, yes - island, no."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My friend would have loved this, though now he's going to have the best behind-the-scenes deal ever sitting on a cloud watching them being made.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir