Saw "The Last Jedi"

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Saw "The Last Jedi"

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

It's great.

That's all i'll say - because anything else i might want to say would likely be a spoiler.

One thing i'll say - i'm disgusted with myself that i missed an important visual clue to a Significant Plot Point.

=================

One thing i'll say about one of the trailers - the one for Avengers: Infinity War...

I hope to HELL that the CGI on the reveal as Thanos steps into the light that's in the trailer was preliminary work that'll be replaced by something a LOT better in the release.

I swear, there was better matte work in the original Star Wars release in 1977.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Re: Saw "The Last Jedi"

Post by TazManiac »

I too saw it & I'm of a mind to go again, if only to see stuff I might have missed first go round.

As for Thanos, I dislike his non-iconic look being whats being used to introduce him to the movie going public at large.

AnotherFairportfan

What i find fascinating about that trailer is that, even though we know Adam Warlock exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it doesn't mention him at all.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:What i find fascinating about that trailer is that, even though we know Adam Warlock exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it doesn't mention him at all.
Yeah, but there is a proto-Easter Egg in the MCU some-wheres, let me see if I ca find it (Guardians of the Galaxy maybe?)...
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:What i find fascinating about that trailer is that, even though we know Adam Warlock exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it doesn't mention him at all.
Yeah, but there is a proto-Easter Egg in the MCU some-wheres, let me see if I ca find it (Guardians of the Galaxy maybe?)...
We see the cocoon - once just the cocoon, once empty - in post-end-credit sequences of two films.

I think the empty one is among The Collector's stuff.

That's why i said he exists in the MCU - not just the comics.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I thought the cocoon, was being used by those gold people at the end of GotG2 in one of the Stingers?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:One thing i'll say about one of the trailers - the one for Avengers: Infinity War...

I hope to HELL that the CGI on the reveal as Thanos steps into the light that's in the trailer was preliminary work that'll be replaced by something a LOT better in the release.

I swear, there was better matte work in the original Star Wars release in 1977.
I haven't seen the trailer, but from what I hear of the trailer for the previous Marvel movie (the Thor one, whose trailer I also didn't see), they messed around with the backgrounds in some scenes in the trailers so that what you saw in the trailers was totally different from what you saw in the finished film. Which I suppose has the effect of showing off scenes from the movie to whet viewers' appetites, while at the same time keeping some mystery because you can't be sure just when and where the events in the trailer are going to happen in the film.