Photo Album

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Hansontoons

Re: Photo Album

Post by Hansontoons »

And props.
DSC_1344.jpg
DSC_1344.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1352.jpg
DSC_1352.jpg (24.41 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1281.jpg
DSC_1281.jpg (21.09 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

And a variety of shots. Jet truck and aerobatic biplane dancing, Vietnam APC's, Heritage Flight.
DSC_1885.jpg
DSC_1885.jpg (36.99 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1604.jpg
DSC_1604.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1535.jpg
DSC_1535.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

And a Mustang and a Skyraider and a Vulture showing the hoomans how it's really done.
DSC_1461.jpg
DSC_1461.jpg (41 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1719.jpg
DSC_1719.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
DSC_1935.jpg
DSC_1935.jpg (17.91 KiB) Viewed 64962 times
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hansontoons wrote:And a variety of shots. Jet truck and aerobatic biplane dancing, Vietnam APC's, Heritage Flight.
DSC_1604.jpg
Hey, I think I recognize that building in the middle of those prop photos! I seem to recall it was a big thing once upon a time, eighth something or other.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

jwhouk wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:And a variety of shots. Jet truck and aerobatic biplane dancing, Vietnam APC's, Heritage Flight.
DSC_1604.jpg
Hey, I think I recognize that building in the middle of those prop photos! I seem to recall it was a big thing once upon a time, eighth something or other.
Yes, a domed structure, but not that domed structure. Ellington Field is southeast of downtown Houston on I-45, this shot is looking northeast from the tarmac next to runway 35 L.

The Astrodome is south of downtown just inside the 610 loop. Still there, still empty. Nobody has come up with a plan for doing something with it, or at least a plan that would make $ for investors.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hansontoons wrote:The Astrodome is south of downtown just inside the 610 loop. Still there, still empty. Nobody has come up with a plan for doing something with it, or at least a plan that would make $ for investors.
So that plan to fill it with water for an aquarium/water park thing is a no-go?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Atomic wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:The Astrodome is south of downtown just inside the 610 loop. Still there, still empty. Nobody has come up with a plan for doing something with it, or at least a plan that would make $ for investors.
So that plan to fill it with water for an aquarium/water park thing is a no-go?
And here we had all that FREE water during Harvey, what a wasted opportunity! Darn.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah, my bad, didn't see the roof was the crest of the hangar.

As for the Astrodome - it's been about 36 years since I attended a handful of games at the 8th Wonder of the World. I think it's sad that they've just let it go to rot, but that seems to be the thing nowadays.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote:Ok, Wings Over Houston 2017 is behind us, so here are some shots from the show.
So weird how they do these in Autumn. Why is it do you think?

They do these sorts of things in July in the MidWest.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Ok, Wings Over Houston 2017 is behind us, so here are some shots from the show.
So weird how they do these in Autumn. Why is it do you think?

They do these sorts of things in July in the MidWest.
In July in Houston, you might be able to fry an egg on the pavement next to you while waiting for the next aircraft to pass overhead. Unless you've passed out from the heat. :)

Spring and Fall (the few weeks that each comprise) are chock full of festivals and other out-doors events. There are some events during the summer that require you to tow a personal water supply as you walk around. (Slightly exaggerated, like many things in Texas!)
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

I neglected the whirlybird fans. These shots were from the Vietnam rescue the downed airman part of the show. It was quite the event; first a parachutist landed. Then a group of NVA re-enactors drove out along the show line, searching for the airman. Overhead, an O-2 circled and then was joined by the Skyraider swooping in for cover followed by explosions and noise. An A-4 jet joined in, followed by more explosions and more noise. Then the American APC's rolled out with troops at the ready. Now the helicopters joined the fray, dropping in with more troops and flying cover. The airman was rescued, the mean ol' nasty NVA were driven back, and everyone went back to base.
DSC_1645.jpg
DSC_1645.jpg (19.97 KiB) Viewed 64912 times
DSC_1658.jpg
DSC_1658.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 64912 times
DSC_1607.jpg
DSC_1607.jpg (28.07 KiB) Viewed 64912 times
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Huey on the ground. If you squint and ignore the cars and stuff in the background, you can almost believe you are there in the sh*t with Joker and Cowboy while Ride of the Valkyries plays in the background.

10 points to those that get the movie references.
DSC_1620.jpg
DSC_1620.jpg (41.97 KiB) Viewed 64912 times
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now. 8-)

The Mickey Mouse March has never been the same since I saw Full Metal Jacket . . . .
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Typeminer wrote:Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now. 8-)

The Mickey Mouse March has never been the same since I saw Full Metal Jacket . . . .
Heheheheh.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:

Heheheheh.
And a couple from Ludwig Van with a Christmas song thrown in for good measure.

(Die Hard, Clockwork Orange)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Hansontoons wrote:Huey on the ground. If you squint and ignore the cars and stuff in the background, you can almost believe you are there in the sh*t with Joker and Cowboy while Ride of the Valkyries plays in the background.
That sort of stuff happened (and still happens) often enough around parking lots full cars. Granted, I expect that the cars that were part of the landscape at the Battle of Hue or Saigon looked a tad different than these ones in the photos.

They could have gone for a more authentic look and had the door-gunners shoot up the cars to chase away any lurking hostiles. A parking lot full of burning, bullet-riddled cars would have added to the ambiance greatly. They could even charge the cars' owners an extra fee for the special custom auto-detailing job!

And I can't even begin to count the number of times I've flown in to somewhere on a helicopter while its crew played "Ride of the Valkyries". Or "Magic Carpet Ride". It gets a bit cliché after a bit.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Jasper was looking over my shoulder earlier and remarked...
Daddee, why must we has kittie piktures.jpg
Daddee, why must we has kittie piktures.jpg (85.29 KiB) Viewed 64731 times
When we can has beautiful doggie pitchures with no stinky kitties.jpg
When we can has beautiful doggie pitchures with no stinky kitties.jpg (79.33 KiB) Viewed 64731 times
We had a friendly stray kitty show up earlier this year. It was young and not intimidated by Jasper which befused J to no end. I was figuring I had a new addition to the family. The kitty moved on the next day, must not have liked the stinky doggie that kept nosing around. :D
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote:Jasper was looking over my shoulder earlier and remarked...
Daddee, why must we has kittie piktures.jpg
When we can has beautiful doggie pitchures with no stinky kitties.jpg
We had a friendly stray kitty show up earlier this year. It was young and not intimidated by Jasper which befused J to no end. I was figuring I had a new addition to the family. The kitty moved on the next day, must not have liked the stinky doggie that kept nosing around. :D
How did I miss this? I'll risk being branded a traitor by TROLLCAT because Jaspar is too adorable in these!

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

Heheheheh.
And a couple from Ludwig Van with a Christmas song thrown in for good measure.

(Die Hard, Clockwork Orange)
I had a fun conversation regarding firearms and the first movie when I posted that.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Synopsis of recent happenings: August 2017- Harvey puts 7' 2" of dihydrogen monoxide in my Conroe TX house. Clean out debris, make basic repairs, and return to live upstairs late September 2018. At that point, ponder options. February 2018- I sell the Casa de Inundacion as-is to an investor. March 2018- Jasper and I move to Casa Nueva in Houston. Jasper has adjusted to her new surroundings. There are many new smells on walks, and many kitties to see.

Tonight's after-work walk was cut short by rain. Later on, she reminded me that I had told her we would take another walk if it had stopped raining. And it had.
IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3435.JPG (133.61 KiB) Viewed 63957 times
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG (113.24 KiB) Viewed 63957 times