Photo Album

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Alkarii

Re: Photo Album

Post by Alkarii »

I had once gotten a nose-on picture of one of the F-22 prototypes at the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson. The rod that extended from the nose looked like a dot in the viewfinder, but the picture didn't turn out right.

Also, B2s are friggin' intimidating in person.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Hansontoons wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 pm And I've decided to finally let everyone know that there won't be any new Jasper updates after this one.

I had to say goodbye to her last month.
I'm sorry to hear that you won't have your friend around any longer. But at least you had her around for all the time that you did, and you gave her a good life. That's the best that anybody can do.
Alkarii wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:55 am I had once gotten a nose-on picture of one of the F-22 prototypes at the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson. The rod that extended from the nose looked like a dot in the viewfinder, but the picture didn't turn out right.

Also, B2s are friggin' intimidating in person.
I wish that I still had all of the various pictures I took of aircraft over the years. I had some interesting ones, including a few that I perhaps wasn't supposed to have due to security reasons. . .

I'm still disappointed that the space shuttle was diverted to an alternate landing field the one time I snuck onto an Air Force base to watch it land. I had a great spot overlooking the runway.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I think it's a good time for this story...
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I'm glad you let Jasper go with what dignity you could. Too many people go for the torture route just so they can put off the sense of loss just a bit longer.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Thank you for the hugs, kind words, and a story with many feels. The J was a huge goofball that loved unconditionally and always wanted to be by my side. It is quiet around the house, but I have a couple of her toys placed where I can easily see them- not that I need a reminder of her, they are there to bring a smile to my face when I look at them.

As much as I like dogs, I'm going to wait a bit before embarking on another canine adventure. One reason, I'll have an entirely new critter to influence early next year. My daughter is expecting, late February or early March. I'm in Houston, she's in Austin area so there will be many road trips in my future. I raised her on Star Trek Next Gen, Star Wars, Legos; she likes anime, sci-fi, LoTR, and Led Zeppelin- she can name the songs that were influenced by the books. Will see how it works out with my next gen! I am considering having the little sprout call me "Grandalf". I do have the eyebrows.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Damn, toon- I’m just now finding out. I don’t mean to drag on the condolences, but do keep in mind you’ve got lots of arms about your shoulders.

Peace and Love