More Stuff

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Re: More Stuff

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:God bless you for that.
The worst case I was ever involved in friends and I were watching the local late Fri. night horror movie program, Project Terror. During one break a Darda Buggy commercial ran three time in a row. We sang the hook of that song to each other for years, and even now if one of us starts it, all of us join in.
And God bless yootoob for having both of them :lol:
Is it bad I actually have a few of those that I ended up dumping into my son's voluminous Hot Wheels/Matchbox trunk?
I think it's cool! There's nothing like bins full of cool fiddly little toys from your childhood. (or second childhood, I actually have been an active toy buyer my whole life) Just make sure you keep them in a safe place.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:You must buy him some of these, quickly, to make up for it. ;)
Those are insanely awesome. Now I want to get some, make a stop motion animation, and set it to Metallica's The Thing That Should Not Be.
Jabberwonky wrote:And makes me grind my teeth over the massive bin of Lego that I lost recently... :x
Come on over, I still have my bucket. Granted, it started as a Tyco Super Blocks set but I've added a few genuine Lego bricks to it over the years.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Dave wrote:You must buy him some of these, quickly, to make up for it. ;)
Those are insanely awesome. Now I want to get some, make a stop motion animation, and set it to Metallica's The Thing That Should Not Be.
Jabberwonky wrote:And makes me grind my teeth over the massive bin of Lego that I lost recently... :x
Come on over, I still have my bucket. Granted, it started as a Tyco Super Blocks set but I've added a few genuine Lego bricks to it over the years.
Not 'Call of Ktulu'?
Don't tempt me...I had a 15 gallon bin that was about 3/4 full. A lot of it was the underwater sets so plenty of octopods and such. Even the stop motion camera and a handful of the 'movie sets'. Le Sigh.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:Not 'Call of Ktulu'?
It's been so long I forgot about that one. I need to replace all my old Metallica CDs with gaps rubbed through the data layer. :(

*laughing at the thought of a man date to play with Lego while jamming out to heavy metal*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Not 'Call of Ktulu'?
It's been so long I forgot about that one. I need to replace all my old Metallica CDs with gaps rubbed through the data layer. :(

*laughing at the thought of a man date to play with Lego while jamming out to heavy metal*
Not the weirdest date I've been on...
:P
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Maybe you folks have seen this already - i hadn't.

SO i innocently stepped into the checkout line at Micro Center, and there, waiting to trap poor unwary customeres...

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:I had a 15 gallon bin that was about 3/4 full. A lot of it was the underwater sets so plenty of octopods and such. Even the stop motion camera and a handful of the 'movie sets'. Le Sigh.
Ummm. . .I'm sure that my acquiring such a bin overflowing with Lego bricks is entirely coincidental and has nothing to do with your own situation. . .

*gets ready to defend his bin to the death, just in case of any ownership disputes*

Mine doesn't contain any octopods, though. It does have some sharks, but I feel that "Sharkthulu" would just be pushing things a bit too far.

I also don't have any software for putting together a stop-motion movie. I have used Legos to make silly illustrated stories online, but that wouldn't quite work. . .at least not with an instrumental piece such as "Call of Ktulu". Perhaps a song with lyrics, though.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:I had a 15 gallon bin that was about 3/4 full. A lot of it was the underwater sets so plenty of octopods and such. Even the stop motion camera and a handful of the 'movie sets'. Le Sigh.
Ummm. . .I'm sure that my acquiring such a bin overflowing with Lego bricks is entirely coincidental and has nothing to do with your own situation. . .

*gets ready to defend his bin to the death, just in case of any ownership disputes*

Mine doesn't contain any octopods, though. It does have some sharks, but I feel that "Sharkthulu" would just be pushing things a bit too far.

I also don't have any software for putting together a stop-motion movie. I have used Legos to make silly illustrated stories online, but that wouldn't quite work. . .at least not with an instrumental piece such as "Call of Ktulu". Perhaps a song with lyrics, though.
Eh, no worries from here, who ever got my bucket got it legally. But I know there's several web comics out there that use static shots of Lego Minifigs as the visuals...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:But I know there's several web comics out there that use static shots of Lego Minifigs as the visuals...
Yep, that's how I ended up doing a few: we were discussing several such comics on another online forum, and several people suggested that I ought to give it a try since I had the combination of a plethora of Lego blocks and a warped sense of humour. The results were a success, though personally I would have preferred if I'd had a better camera and better lighting at the time.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

A LEGO re-enactment of Wapsi Square, perhaps?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:A LEGO re-enactment of Wapsi Square, perhaps?
0.0 Oh, sure! Now you give me the idea...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:
That idea had actually already occurred to me. The main problem would be not having sets with the necessary bits and pieces. Typical Lego torso anatomy would make some scenes a bit tricky to set up, too.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Is it bad I actually have a few of those
Yes, that's bad.
that I ended up dumping into my son's voluminous Hot Wheels/Matchbox trunk?
That's worse.

You must buy him some of these, quickly, to make up for it. ;)
I think it's cool! There's nothing like bins full of cool fiddly little toys from your childhood. (or second childhood, I actually have been an active toy buyer my whole life) Just make sure you keep them in a safe place.
We've made monsters made out of plain LEGO(you can get all of those from various sets, they are not custom. He's got plenty from DUPLO to the master playsets(and we can't bear to get rid of any LEGO, no matter how large or small and annoying they are). I do not see why it's bad. They are toys, meant to be played with. That they(and all of my other collectibles and comics) managed to survive with thieving BTTH arserags living with me is a miracle(I suppose I should be glad she wasn't a geek and did not know the value of all of my comics, collectibles and toys?).
They've always been intended to be toys for any children I or my siblings had. Heck, my Brother gave his daughter his go-bots. My sister gave hers all of her original MLP, Strawberry ********* Shortcake dolls, etc. I was never really into girly toys, so I guess it's fortunate that my son gets all of my old cars and LEGO collections. I had a set of AVIVA Snoopy cars that ended up going to my brother, who in turn gave them back to me when my son was born.

If for some reason my coffee-less not all awake self missed it as a joke, sorry. My son had some serious dental work done yesterday, and then a longer recovery, followed by a restless night, so yeah, no sleep for me until toodarnlate/early o'clock.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:If for some reason my coffee-less not all awake self missed it as a joke, sorry. My son had some serious dental work done yesterday, and then a longer recovery, followed by a restless night, so yeah, no sleep for me until toodarnlate/early o'clock.
No... I'm sorry, DinkyInky. I was just pulling your leg, and clearly did it poorly... didn't mean at all for you to take what I said as an actual criticism.

There's nothing wrong at all with having, and enjoying toys (old favorites or new bits of fun). I think the world would be much better off, if adults were more able and willing to indulge in the simple pleasures of play.

Very sorry to hear that your wee lad had to undergo some chomper maintenance. That's no fun at all even for adults. For the young, who haven't yet fully developed the ability to distance themselves from discomfort... well, I remember how I used to dread even a simple tooth-cleaning, to say nothing of having a cavity filled :(
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Well. . .

Attempt 1

Attempt 2
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sort of the opposite of method acting. :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Harrumph. ;) That's a good-natured harrumph, I promise.

I'm not one to talk anyway, I never did get around to it. Props to Catawampus; I am amused. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:Well. . .

Attempt 1

Attempt 2
:lol: :lol:
And now I want the free cash for a commission of Amanda in gladiator gear... :?
Dave wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Sort of the opposite of method acting. :)
Acting methodically?
MerchManDan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Harrumph. ;) That's a good-natured harrumph, I promise.

I'm not one to talk anyway, I never did get around to it. Props to Catawampus; I am amused. :lol:
~sigh~ Even that was after I'd lost the Ark of Constructionist...
But, that means I can the fun of rebuilding a monster set :D
(I've already picked up a Yeti and a British Bobby from the blind minifig envelopes)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

It never fails to amuse me how simple something can be to give me a case of the raving giggles... :lol: