Castela - not a predat?

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Castela - not a predat?

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3JAAAOSw4 ... s-l500.jpg

So she can play field hockey even though Atsali can't?

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Castela - not a predat?

Post by Dave »

Well, there are very few plants that you can actually call predators (and most of those are "passive" or "wait and pounce" predators). In most cases, a plant's "armament" is purely defensive... thorns and toxins and so forth. Castela's thorns and plasma and resistance to attacks might be considered to be purely defensive "non-pred" by the school... though that might change depending on how she uses them in the future. If she starts hunting for her meals like a triffid, the administration might reconsider her status.

As to bring allowed to play field hockey: we've seen indications that in the Wapsiverse, gods and demigods and Titans tend to do whatever their power lets them get away with. The same might be true of Pickle, as we know that she is de-vine.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

She's a new type of critterphyte thingy, so the officials who make such official decisions as to who is officially a predator might not yet have gotten around to officially classifying her.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Aaaand, the School may not 'Officially' know about here full abilities. She might be in the, er, wrong classification, as far as School Officials are concerned.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Moose are not predatory. Grizzly Bears are. Moose kill more people than Grizzlies. Rhinos are not predatory- try to pet one, and you'll find out they are not particularly nice either. One does not have to be a meat hunter to be a badass.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Moose are not predatory. Grizzly Bears are. Moose kill more people than Grizzlies. Rhinos are not predatory- try to pet one, and you'll find out they are not particularly nice either. One does not have to be a meat hunter to be a badass.
The most dangerous animal in Africa is the Cape Buffalo.

They will track hunters for days.

(Which is why the chief of the Zootopia Police Department, which is staffed with predators, is a Cape Buffalo.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...
Don't even start....
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Moose are not predatory. Grizzly Bears are. Moose kill more people than Grizzlies. Rhinos are not predatory- try to pet one, and you'll find out they are not particularly nice either. One does not have to be a meat hunter to be a badass.
The most dangerous animal in Africa is the Cape Buffalo.

They will track hunters for days.

(Which is why the chief of the Zootopia Police Department, which is staffed with predators, is a Cape Buffalo.)
I recently saw that, so now I get the reference.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir