Lets Talk Pie!

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Lets Talk Pie!

Post by TazManiac »

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pcIAAOSw5 ... -l1600.jpg

It's sold from ebay already but I found it on the Facebook Timeline photos...

(and if you squint a little and let your imagination run a bit you can have all kinds of fun with the premise...) just say'n...
TazManiac

Re: Lets Talk Pie!

Post by TazManiac »

PS- I saw Chilean Blueberries at the supermarket today (Blueberry in January...)

I think I'm pie-making tomorrow...

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I would comment on the fact that it is somewhat unrealistic to be walking in sweater and boots while also wearing shorts, but sadly, that's actually true to life... Many people don't seem to know how to dress for the cold, taking more care into looking cool, than in being warm. I remember last year, we had a day where it was -28 C (-38 C with wind chill factor), and on the news, they were talking to some people on the street... One girl in particular said that it was very, very cold... No wonder: no hat, no gloves, no scarf, and winter coat partially open!

My other comment is: Atsali has silver hair? I don't recall noticing that in previous drawings, before...
(But I probably was not paying attention properly, having seen it, but not registering it... :roll: )
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I've never seen it like that either... Usually it's just white with black lines. I always assumed that was just Paul not coloring the hair... I always thought Devyn was blonde, too.

I think we would benefit greatly from Paul giving us a "natural or most frequent hair colors of the characters" list.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Every pic in colour I have seen of her she has had silver hair.

I like it.

Until it hits twenty, I tend to not wear a jacket, but sometimes the other annoying parents(usually transplants from somewhere near that hot place the devil avoids) yell at me, so I wear a light sweater...

Tempted to look up those gifs about Texas versus Chicago temps...Chicago weather can apply to Indiana as well.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Being a Cub Scout and then a Boy Scout, I learned early on about the value of bundling up in cold weather. I've had minor frostbite on my fingers and toes due to emergency situations, and ever since then, they have been very sensitive to cold. Apparently my circulation isn't that great in my extremities, and cold makes it even worse.

And then I had pneumonia/bronchitis. I'm currently noticing my lungs and my whole body is more sensitive to cold than ever before. Lungs ache and start to constrict, airways tighten, joints and muscles stiffen more than ever...
It sucks.
So now I'm having to bundle up like an arctic explorer when it's still only just below freezing.

I need to move south. I can learn how to dig a foxhole and just carry a folding trench shovel around with me. I'm afraid of tornadoes, but this damned cold is making me absolutely miserable.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Six posts and we are already way off topic. Who Wants Pie?
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

DinkyInky wrote:Tempted to look up those gifs about Texas versus Chicago temps...
There's one Chi vs TX stat I know well... Chicago 13mph / Amarillo 15mph.
Windy City? Only when you factor in Daley politics!

Oh, and to get back OT, we have a new Chicago-style deep dish place that just opened.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I never did really love Chicago deep dish pizza. I like hand-tossed the most... Deep dish, for me, is just... meh.
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Lately, I've been partial to the thin cracker-style crust with Alfredo rather than marinara sauce, but I plan to at least check 'em out.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:I never did really love Chicago deep dish pizza. I like hand-tossed the most... Deep dish, for me, is just... meh.
Giordano's deep dish all the way.

Love love love.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I never did really love Chicago deep dish pizza. I like hand-tossed the most... Deep dish, for me, is just... meh.

Love love love.
Homemade asiago cheese stuffed crust pizza with hamburger and bacon. Mmmm...
I'm too much!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Just last night I made a 'bubble' pizza with sweet Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, mushroom, sauted bell pepper and onion with alfredo sauce. (I forgot the green and black olives, dang it) It turned out pretty darn good.
Also had half a pitcher of 'Beergarita', finally found the mix I really like. I outghta post it in the drinkin' forum.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

Love love love.
Homemade asiago cheese stuffed crust pizza with hamburger and bacon. Mmmm...
Home-made always trumps store bought.

--Safyr Drathmir
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AmriloJim wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Tempted to look up those gifs about Texas versus Chicago temps...

Oh, and to get back OT, we have a new Chicago-style deep dish place that just opened.
I wish I could find it again, but I once saw an image that compared "normal" people's behavior vs Canadian behavior, at various temps, going into cold temps. Way at the bottom, at minus a whole lot, Canadians eventually did put on a sweater... :lol:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

lake_wrangler wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:

I wish I could find it again, but I once saw an image that compared "normal" people's behavior vs Canadian behavior, at various temps, going into cold temps. Way at the bottom, at minus a whole lot, Canadians eventually did put on a sweater... :lol:
People in Illinois make that comparison between themselves and people from down south. At 45°, we're wearing jeans and a sweatshirt... People from Florida, however, are in full winter gear.

I remember hearing a story about a trucker from Alabama making a delivery to northern Alaska in winter. When he got there, a deep freeze had blown in from the Arctic. He hops out of the cab, stares in open-mouthed horror as the sudden shock of cold slams into him, and immediately scurries back into his truck.
A local saunters out to him with a clipboard. The trucker cracks open his window. "People live here?"
"Yeah."
"ON PURPOSE!?!"
I'm too much!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I was often tickled in Thailand when people would be wearing sweaters and jackets at 75°...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:There's one Chi vs TX stat I know well... Chicago 13mph / Amarillo 15mph.

People in Illinois make that comparison between themselves and people from down south. At 45°, we're wearing jeans and a sweatshirt... People from Florida, however, are in full winter gear.

I remember hearing a story about a trucker from Alabama making a delivery to northern Alaska in winter. When he got there, a deep freeze had blown in from the Arctic. He hops out of the cab, stares in open-mouthed horror as the sudden shock of cold slams into him, and immediately scurries back into his truck.
A local saunters out to him with a clipboard. The trucker cracks open his window. "People live here?"
"Yeah."
"ON PURPOSE!?!"
:lol:

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I introduced the people around here to the concept of meat pies a little while ago. They were so confused by the notion of meat and veggies in a pie crust.
lake_wrangler wrote:I would comment on the fact that it is somewhat unrealistic to be walking in sweater and boots while also wearing shorts, but sadly, that's actually true to life...
Yeah, I saw a girl the other day walking in the snow wearing a thick furry coat, a miniskirt, and sandals. And she was complaining loudly about her legs being cold.
My other comment is: Atsali has silver hair? I don't recall noticing that in previous drawings, before...
Whitish or silverish, I'm not entirely sure. But it's been that way all along.
DinkyInky wrote:Home-made always trumps store bought.
You've obviously never met some of the "cooks" I've known. . .
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

At -20F, there is no amount of clothing that can keep you warm.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin