A Good Day 2023-05-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

A Good Day 2023-05-25

Post by Opus the Poet »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-good-day/

Posting to the new forum protocol of Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD

Well her Mom is relatively sane anyway, even if her Dad is a hyper-emotional goober.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Re: A Good Day 2023-05-25

Post by Dave »

One wonders whether he's over-emotional about just this one particular topic, or about everything? That is, did he have a personal trigger button {perhaps as a result of his own childhood experiences) or is his "emote" knob stuck at "11"?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm willing to go with the "reliving childhood traumas" myself. My childhood was enough to give me PTSD before I graduated high school, so I can definitely sympathize with adult characters stuck with traumatic childhoods.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Hey, we get to meet both her parents. That doesn't happen all that often with characters in this comic, the other times being Shelly, Roxanne, Nudge and Tsillah, and Rigo. Usually we only ever see one of the parents, even if we know that the character still lives with both.
Dave wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:27 am One wonders whether he's over-emotional about just this one particular topic, or about everything? That is, did he have a personal trigger button {perhaps as a result of his own childhood experiences) or is his "emote" knob stuck at "11"?
From his family's, "Oh, this again" response, I'm getting the feeling that this is a normal sort of thing for him. So unless his childhood experiences were so utterly traumatic as to be commonly triggered, I'm guessing that he's just really passionate about a lot of things.