Different directions 2022-06-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Different directions 2022-06-30

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/different-directions/

Are we about to see Pickle go thermonuclear? Will Canyon de Shelly become a glass puddle?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Re: Different directions 2022-06-30

Post by Dave »

One hopes that she doesn't decide that this whole dimension has become a bummer which needs to be scrapped.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Nah - she'll just get the Demon Shepherd and her posse in to lay down the law to Shawna's Doubt...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder if Castela can hear both sides of the conversation, or only Shawna's. She does have a rather amiable relationship with her aunt Monica's own Doubt, after all, so maybe she has an inside track on situations with other demons.

Assuming that that is Shawna's doubt demon, and isn't something totally different. Pixies can apparently make forms out of glamour, so it could be some sort of mental projection of Shawna's own making. Or it could be some weird other thing, seeing as how weird other things tend to appear in this comic quite frequently.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:54 amPixies can apparently make forms out of glamour, so it could be some sort of mental projection of Shawna's own making. Or it could be some weird other thing, seeing as how weird other things tend to appear in this comic quite frequently.
The Fae can make convincing illusions out of gossamer, other races making illusions other than personal disguise glamors is unsupported in the canon.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Opus the Poet wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:27 am
Catawampus wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:54 amPixies can apparently make forms out of glamour, so it could be some sort of mental projection of Shawna's own making. Or it could be some weird other thing, seeing as how weird other things tend to appear in this comic quite frequently.
The Fae can make convincing illusions out of gossamer, other races making illusions other than personal disguise glamors is unsupported in the canon.
Shawna made some illusions or constructs near the start of the "Library Ghost Story" video, and I remember Paul making some drawings for sale featuring other pixies doing similar. They seem to be a bit limited, always being entirely of one colour (Shawna's constructs were purple-ish), but seeing as how the last couple of comics have been in black-and-white that doesn't tell us much.