She Can See Fine 2022-06-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

She Can See Fine 2022-06-08

Post by Dave »

https://wapsisquare.com/comic/she-can-see-fine/

Hmmm. Removing those glasses seems to have been rather like cranking the moderator rods out from the core of an atomic reactor.
Opus the Poet

Re: She Can See Fine 2022-06-08

Post by Opus the Poet »

Anyone suspect that moving the grid anchors may have had some effect on Mindy's glasses? That's the only thing in-comic that's changed and has any possibility of crazing her lenses.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

First time I've seen Paul draw a male with a noticeable bulge- could that be what the glasses guard against reacting to?

"... and NOW, Coming out of chute number five, HIROSHI on MAYHEM MINDY!!!"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Her glasses have Helix-Vision... but it doesn't accomplish anything when she takes them off.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:34 am Anyone suspect that moving the grid anchors may have had some effect on Mindy's glasses? That's the only thing in-comic that's changed and has any possibility of crazing her lenses.
Certainly seems possible. If the glasses were some form of visual "god-mode blocker" they might have been drawing on the grid-anchor system, and moving the anchors off-universe might have shut down their power supply.

Another possibility is that the lenses are a pulchritude filter, using a filtering ingredient which has a limited lifetime or exposure tolerance. The active ingredient can absorb or block only so much pulchritude (of either the "beauty" or "lustfully attractive" variety) before it becomes unstable, breaks down, and damages the optical substrate. The combination of Mindy's happy beauty (shining outwards) and Hiroshi's looks and physique might have just pushed the glasses past their "use by" level. The warranty is only good for so many hot glances, you see...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:47 pm First time I've seen Paul draw a male with a noticeable bulge- could that be what the glasses guard against reacting to?
I'd guess that was the trigger, but not the underlying condition.

Mindy is a demigoddess. Notice that how, every time she takes off her glasses, the sparklies surround her (dating back all the way to one of Paul's custom color drawings of her that I'm insufferably pleased to have purchased). My interpretation is that the sparking is showing her goddess-nature in action... and she's the granddaughter of the goddess of love, and daughter of a mother who rather seems to expect that this nature will show itself in true time.

She says the glasses "just help... just..." and doesn't manage to finish the sentence. I'm guessing that they do more than just glamour away her beauty... they're not just creating an illusion of plainness. Rather, they actually suppress or limit her inborn goddess influences as a whole.

In short, they "just help me not want to immediately and wildly GLOMP beautiful young men." Given his overall looks and physique, and how she already feels about him, I'd guess he could have been standing waist-deep in tar and she'd still have jumped him when the inhibitors came off.