What I Expected 2022-05-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

What I Expected 2022-05-26

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I suspect that the others haven't been shredded - wouldn't surprise me if everyone has been shifted to a slightly different plane, and each sees the others in a ... strange ...way.

This is the last for this week, right?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: What I Expected 2022-05-26

Post by jwhouk »

This is indeed it for the week… and I can’t tell which of the blobs is Acacia…
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Welcome to the "Picasso, Dali, And Giger Sit Down For A Nice Big Lukewarm Bowl Of Jimson Weed" universe.

I wonder whether some of those involved might have preferred either having their lungs explode, or closing their eyes and ceasing to exist, to what actually seems to have happened.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

I think we're deep into Hieronymus Bosch on LSD territory at this point.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:29 pmI suspect that the others haven't been shredded - wouldn't surprise me if everyone has been shifted to a slightly different plane, and each sees the others in a ... strange ...way.. . .
I think so too.

Now we need to understand the significance of this . . . shift in perception.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 pm This is indeed it for the week… and I can’t tell which of the blobs is Acacia…
I'd say the lower of the two that are second from the right...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Paul posted the following on Twitter:
Just to clarify, none of the "trapped beings" are Bud or any of the scientists. They're beings from other universes that have become trapped because of the grid anchor.
So any similarities between those and the scientists/Bud are (perhaps?) a coincidence.

Also, looks like they're gonna seriously need to call the Ghostbusters...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Hmm . . . interesting.

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Going from the tweet Paul made, the other people visible are about like to us as we would be to a Flatlander, only visible as sections of our internal organs. We are only seeing them from their insides.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:27 am Going from the tweet Paul made, the other people visible are about like to us as we would be to a Flatlander, only visible as sections of our internal organs. We are only seeing them from their insides.
Well, that spleens everything! All Scarlet has to do is educate those vein scientists, and bring out the fatted calf for a feast to celebrate the return of the lost... then everything will be spine.

(Dave makes an offering of body parts to the Pun Jar. You probably don't want to know which ones.)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Those poor folks are gonna need some therapy once Scar un-f**ks them...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 pm Those poor folks are gonna need some therapy once Scar un-f**ks them...
Assuming they can even perceive what has happened . . . they could even be suspended in time.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:20 am Well, that spleens everything! All Scarlet has to do is educate those vein scientists, and bring out the fatted calf for a feast to celebrate the return of the lost... then everything will be spine.

(Dave makes an offering of body parts to the Pun Jar. You probably don't want to know which ones.)
Imagine a large, non-venomous but cranky snake expressing its appreciation of this...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:20 am (Dave makes an offering of body parts to the Pun Jar. You probably don't want to know which ones.)
I'm more concerned about whose.