Spell Our Doom 2021-07-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Spell Our Doom 2021-07-27

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler

Re: Spell Our Doom 2021-07-27

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm currently archive binging the Narbonic webcomic, where, in order to manipulate someone into doing something, Helen Narbon will merely disclose some information about a new invention or some such to Artie (a superintelligent genetically-modified -- obviously -- gerbil), and tell him to keep it a secret and make sure no one uses said device. Of course, first thing Artie does is run off to one of Helen's two henchmen to spill the beans...

Sounds like she and Shelly may have read the same book: "How to make someone do something without actually making them do anything"...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I think this might be the next step of that one comic where Shelly and Connie were gathering the weird selection of stuff . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

I do wonder whether the mashed potatoes were dumped in a recently-cooked state (they get lumpy and solid pretty quickly) or whether Phix was showered with dehydrated potato flakes. The latter might have been easier to arrange and conceal.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 am I think this might be the next step of that one comic where Shelly and Connie were gathering the weird selection of stuff . . .

--FreeFlier
Nope - that one already paid off ... and led to Connie & Shelly and Phix running Monica twice on her sandbar where she had been peacefully basking in the sun and the solitude
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 am I do wonder whether the mashed potatoes were dumped in a recently-cooked state (they get lumpy and solid pretty quickly) or whether Phix was showered with dehydrated potato flakes. The latter might have been easier to arrange and conceal.
"A Wizard Did It"
► Show Spoiler
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:17 pm
FreeFlier wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 amI think this might be the next step of that one comic where Shelly and Connie were gathering the weird selection of stuff . . .
Nope - that one already paid off ... and led to Connie & Shelly and Phix running Monica twice on her sandbar where she had been peacefully basking in the sun and the solitude
Right, right . . . I'd forgotten that.

--FreeFlier