Be Free 2021-07-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Be Free 2021-07-08

Post by Dave »

I hadn't realized that Monica was a member of the LLF! (*)

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/be-free/

(*) Lobster Liberation Front. Hey, they're a group with a long history, dating back to shortly after the writing of the Crabunist Manifesto.
Opus the Poet

Re: Be Free 2021-07-08

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm thinking we might have a setup for an amusing flashback episode. :mrgreen: :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Or a noodle incident.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

There was an issue of Underground Comic, or a sibling, which had a single page comic w/ a guy (seemingly on LSD) who in the course of his lyrical narrative, stripped down to the buff and like Moses, or more like the Pied Piper, played a flute or recorder and swinging wide open the Pen's gate, proclaimed

I'll "set my Chickens Free!"...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:38 pm There was an issue of Underground Comic, or a sibling, which had a single page comic w/ a guy (seemingly on LSD) who in the course of his lyrical narrative, stripped down to the buff and like Moses, or more like the Pied Piper, played a flute or recorder and swinging wide open the Pen's gate, proclaimed

I'll "set my Chickens Free!"...
That was by Gil Shelton; i think it may have been in a Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic

====================

Okay - it's a Merle Haggard song?

However, it's from the album 1994, and that comic was LONG before that... {I mean it my have been before my first marriage, and i was four years divorced in '94...}

Yeah - here it is in a reprint Freak Brothers book from 1985, which means it was from the 70s...

Now, Shelton and Haggard are both Texans, so he may have written it waybackwhen and Shelton illustrated it, but there's no credit to Hag on the page...

===========================

For those who don't wanna check out the comic:
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Always liked that page and figured somebody somewhere must have arranged it. Surprised it was Merle--never heard of it before. But I'm impressed. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

That's the One!, Well done.