Happy Now 2021-04-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Happy Now 2021-04-08

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Just hit her with it, Cass - only way to get her to back off.

She loves you, but she's hard to deal with sometimes.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Re: Happy Now 2021-04-08

Post by Alkarii »

Yup. The alternative was to tell Atsali that if anyone tried to hurt her (Castela), they could very, very easily be turned into a quickly forgotten memory.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

"That's right, sis. I'm taking with the avatar of someone who has seen you in diapers... in fact, who put you in diapers. Imagine what kinda of stories she can tell me, if I ask. Now, back off a bit, OK?"
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm just wondering if she even remembers her Mommie, she was barely a toddler when her mother died.

And the WMD just triggered the Walking Disaster, how many states do you think will be under the fallout?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Next strip; all that good food n' beer Atsali just spoke about ends up projecting itself all over Castela...
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:59 pm Next strip; all that good food n' beer Atsali just spoke about ends up projecting itself all over Castela...
Depends on whether the brewers of that yummy pale ale have been taking lessons from the makers of Chateau Chunder.

(I was a trifle disappointed - looked up the menu of the local Buca, saw that they offer a "local IPA" in bottles, but no mention of an on-tap brew. I suppose it might have to wait until the "take-out only" pandemic rules are loosened.)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The last time she froze up like that, she got really mad at Nadette (that was when Ursa Twin confessed her undying love for 'Sali). We then got flashbacks to when Atsali found that other girl hanging (and Castela unintentionally playing with the corpse?).

I wonder if this is going to be a "click of the switch" for Atsali - as in, long lost programming by Leucoisa suddenly shows up in her brain.

Good gods above if and when she actually meets Castela-Zed-One in person...

EDIT: Oh, and since today's Thursday... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 am I'm just wondering if she even remembers her Mommie, she was barely a toddler when her mother died.

And the WMD just triggered the Walking Disaster, how many states do you think will be under the fallout?
I remember the layout of the three bedroom apartment my family lived in when my dad was in the army, not too far from the jump towers. I remember getting swarmed by fire ants when we lived there, as well as the time I accidentally locked myself in the car and almost died. I remember a lot of things that happened when we were living in that place, including when we went to pick up my dad when his plane arrived when he was coming back from Desert Storm, or the time I went outside naked. I even remember swallowing a penny, and cutting the cord on a lamp... that was plugged in and turned on. That put a hole in the blade of the scissors.

I was born in December of 1987, and my dad left the army in early 1991. You would be surprised what a person can remember.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I remember holding the bottle of paint as my dad repainted the license plate - Ohio, 1952.

I was three-going-on-four

{That's the only thing i remember from that time that i can definitely date.}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

My parents moved to their permanent house when I was about 3-1/2, and my brother was about 3 months old. I remember some things from the house they rented before that, and definitely things that happened before my brother was born. I remember that the kitchen sink had a hand pump, and a neighbor's barn and silo that you could see from the house, and going to that farm to see the cows. Also my sister and I getting into things we weren't supposed to, and getting pissed off one day and running away to live with the neighbors further down the road (I didn't get far).

That barn and silo are still there, but there are more houses around the one we rented, and it was remodeled since then, so I'm not sure which house it was now.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I can remember trying to read Reader's Digest Condensed books, because we didn't have any kids books until after my parents figured out I already knew how to read, and I also remember digging in the neighbor's flowerbed because it was the only dirt not still frozen solid and a few more things from when I was about 3. Near as I can figure out I learned the alphabet from watching the educational programs on Canadian TV, because my mother said she never taught it to me. Either that or I was born knowing how to read. :twisted: That is a thing that has happened in recorded history. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.