I'm not freaking out, you're freaking out 2021-03-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

I'm not freaking out, you're freaking out 2021-03-29

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/im-not-fre ... aking-out/

Can we say Pablo is excited about this?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Typeminer

Re: I'm not freaking out, you're freaking out 2021-03-29

Post by Typeminer »

But it seems no one who posts uses Twitter. Or (hope so for Pablo) no one who uses Twitter posts in the forums.

I'll look at Twitter sometimes, but have never and will not register.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Typeminer wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:46 am I'll look at Twitter sometimes, but have never and will not register.
Yep.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Should you need male voices, I have a few to offer.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 pm Should you need male voices, I have a few to offer.
You're so silly... you know there are no males in Wapsi Square... :P

Sgt. Howard wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 pm Should you need male voices, I have a few to offer.
WOW! You have more than one voice???

You know, I just have to ask: Were you the voices of Willie the Whale? It's OK, don't be shy, you can say it...

Lucky you... I only have one... A really deep one... (Think Tony Jay or James Earl Jones, but without the accents...)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I wouldn't be able to lend my voice. I have a weird accent that is kind of a mix of a country accent and... uh... I think Midwestern?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:50 pm I wouldn't be able to lend my voice. I have a weird accent that is kind of a mix of a country accent and... uh... I think Midwestern?
You think that's bad? I have a multi-lingual accent... Not quite French, not quite English... a bit of Georgia and Pennsylvania living thrown in... Listening to me will puzzle many, as they can't quite place it...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:44 pm

WOW! You have more than one voice???

You know, I just have to ask: Were you the voices of Willie the Whale? It's OK, don't be shy, you can say it...

Lucky you... I only have one... A really deep one... (Think Tony Jay or James Earl Jones, but without the accents...)
I do impressions... and dialects... I have three octaves of vocal range and have been called a "verbal chameleon"... so yes, I have more than one voice to offer...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:44 pm
Well, the good Sargeant could take a deep lungful of helium, and belt out a chorus of "Everything's Coming Up Roses" in his best Ethel Merman imitation. I'm not sure it would help with Pablo's lobbying, but it'd be fun to hear....

... and it would certainly be more melodic than any attempt I could make. Those who can't sing, shouldn't, and I'm fresh out of buckets to try to carry a tune within.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:56 pm
Alkarii wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:50 pm I wouldn't be able to lend my voice. I have a weird accent that is kind of a mix of a country accent and... uh... I think Midwestern?
You think that's bad? I have a multi-lingual accent... Not quite French, not quite English... a bit of Georgia and Pennsylvania living thrown in... Listening to me will puzzle many, as they can't quite place it...
Ah, my accent, "Not From Here". I have been living in TX since 1989, so I'm acquiring a touch of a drawl and incorporate Texanisms into my vocabulary (most notably "y'all" but I spent over a decade in TN just outside Nashville so I can't blame Texas entirely for that).

Also my favorite imitation is Worf's "Good tea, nice house" from TNG before Worf was transferred to DS9.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Despite quite a few of us not posting on the Tweety, there are other places/Forums/locations of Interest that we can, perhaps should, or at least might proponent the suggested collaboration...