Lost Count 2021-03-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Lost Count 2021-03-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

Daylla: insufferably smug. Also a metallic ding-a-ling... :mrgreen:
Scarlet: still angry, and also keeping secrets due to MIB clearance or lack thereof
Timothy: aware of clearance needs, cool head, still sore nose
Ms. Alger: stays on track, won't be blackmailed. Surprise: she's Timothy's mom! (Was that some sort of secret being kept from the school?)
Dave

Re: Lost Count 2021-03-10

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:19 pm Daylla: insufferably smug. Also a metallic ding-a-ling... :mrgreen:
I'll bet she can't wait to be a senior, and go to the Prom. She'll be the belle of the ball.
Scarlet: still angry, and also keeping secrets due to MIB clearance or lack thereof
She continues to come across as the most adult and serious of this whole cohort.
Timothy: aware of clearance needs, cool head, still sore nose
Also adult and sensible. He's definitely wise beyond his [y]ears.
Ms. Alger: stays on track, won't be blackmailed. Surprise: she's Timothy's mom! (Was that some sort of secret being kept from the school?)
Well, it was a secret from us! and some of us are pretty old-school by today's standards. So, yeah, I guess it was.

She's lucky that her door-opening didn't cause something worse than a mashed nose. Concussion is no joke.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Does Timothy's nose look swollen? I think he might have broken his nose. Which brings the question do the human glamors (or whatever they use to look human) show injury or remain static until dropped?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Now that was unexpected . . .

I've seen this sort of disassociation myself . . . that's Mrs. Smith, not Jimmy's mom, even though it's the same person, which takes a moment to remember.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Timmy's mom has got it goin' on..."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:19 pm Daylla: insufferably smug. Also a metallic ding-a-ling... :mrgreen:
In the comments under the comic there's some discussion of what sort of metal she is. One suggestion, based on Mrs. Alger's comment, is that she's bell metal. Another, based on the last panel of the previous page, is polished brass.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, I've seen bells made of brass, bronze, stainless steel, and even cast iron, so "bell metal" doesn't really tell me much.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pmWell, I've seen bells made of brass, bronze, stainless steel, and even cast iron, so "bell metal" doesn't really tell me much.
Bell metal is a specific group of high-tin bronze alloys, also used for bearings and cannon.

It's harder and more resonant than many of the other copper-tin (bronze) alloys.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Is she ferrous? And do I have an avatar? and what about Naomi?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:05 am Is she ferrous? And do I have an avatar? and what about Naomi?
  1. After the school discipline was dealt out, the rest of the gang said "We've decided that she's not good ferrous."
  2. Your avatar is still AWOL.
  3. If we told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sarge?, You definitely have your same avatar showing.

I think it's less the system and more the person/computer doing the viewing at this point.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:07 am Sarge?, You definitely have your same avatar showing.

I think it's less the system and more the person/computer doing the viewing at this point.
Hmmm. When I looked at your situation, and tried to download the avatar image, I got a 404 error... the JPEG file wasn't present on the server.

It may be that some people's browsers (or a local web proxy) are holding onto cached course of avatar images that were lost during the move.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 amI've seen this sort of disassociation myself . . . that's Mrs. Smith, not Jimmy's mom, even though it's the same person, which takes a moment to remember.
Perhaps Timothy has more than one mother. Or Mrs. Alger is more than one entity in a single body, sort of like Tina.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Since I was so impressed with myself for being able to produce the following post using my itty-bitty telephone screen, I've copy/pasted it here too...

re: How ’bout dem apples?;

I submit a link to a youtube video put on by ‘that ATT Girl’ spokesperson (and her comedy cohort), starring guest Matt Damon…

--end--

PS- it should go without saying there is both a certain Wapsi Square correlation AND (respectfully) a high degree of 'Nom Nom Nom' appreciation going on here.
FirehawkShadowchild

Post by FirehawkShadowchild »

I think it's high time that Daylla get's upgraded from a metallic ding-a-ling to a full fledged clang-a-lang ...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see Castela open a portal again and outright kill a few really big eldritch entities, just so the folks in a panic will shut up about her opening portals across the multiverse.

Of course, then they'll start screeching about how she just killed something on a whim, just to prove that she could...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

FirehawkShadowchild wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:20 am I think it's high time that Daylla get's upgraded from a metallic ding-a-ling to a full fledged clang-a-lang ...
Cue the Witch Doctor song! Ting tang, walla walla bing bang, indeed.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:01 pm Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see Castela open a portal again and outright kill a few really big eldritch entities, just so the folks in a panic will shut up about her opening portals across the multiverse.

Of course, then they'll start screeching about how she just killed something on a whim, just to prove that she could...
Hey, this is Gryphon we're talking about. If you start taking out eldritch entities to show off your powers, you might find out afterwards that you have just emulsified two of the schoo'ls Board of Directors and turned one major financial contributor into octopus sushi.

You'd be lucky to get away with less than a three-day suspension for that sort of behavior.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

You forgot that I said "really big." Like Emrakul, the Promised End (she is also referred to as
The Aeons Torn), one of three Eldrazi titans kind of big. As I said in a post in another thread, the Eldrazi are beings who eat realities, and Emrakul is one of the three titans. So, comparing her to that one character who Digit's friend (the one with the floating mask) is like comparing a giant so big that they can push over mountains and clear clouds from the sky with a wave to a human.

She was the largest of the three titans (the others being Ulamog and Kozilek, both of whom were killed by a group of planeswalkers who called themselves The Gatewatch), and is currently sealed in the moon of the plane of Innistrad.

Edit: in the picture in that link, Emrakul has her tentacles wrapped around the buildings of a city.