Every Time 2021-03-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Every Time 2021-03-08

Post by jwhouk »

Ouch, that’s gotta hurt...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/every-time/
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Re: Every Time 2021-03-08

Post by ziggy78eog »

I figured that this was going to happen. What Cass did was the equivalent to setting off the fire alarm, it is not something you can jokingly brush aside, and walk away from. I know Daylla is just trying to protect her friend, but trying to be cute and clever is not the way. The sooner Cass steps up, and explains herself to the Principal, the better it will be for everyone; now this will not mean that there will be no consequences, because, again, fire alarm, the longer this plays out, the worse it is going to get. Hell, MIB might very well be on its way. This was really poorly thought out, by Cass.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She also may not have had a choice in the matter.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

ziggy78eog wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:14 am I figured that this was going to happen. What Cass did was the equivalent to setting off the fire alarm, it is not something you can jokingly brush aside, and walk away from. I know Daylla is just trying to protect her friend, but trying to be cute and clever is not the way. The sooner Cass steps up, and explains herself to the Principal, the better it will be for everyone; now this will not mean that there will be no consequences, because, again, fire alarm, the longer this plays out, the worse it is going to get. Hell, MIB might very well be on its way. This was really poorly thought out, by Cass.
Yeah, I'm rather expecting that Bud is going to have a few strong words to say, and probably Kath as well. Considering that Ms. Alger is a high-level magic user of some sort, it's likely that she knows that something mystical and dangerous just took place, and she's probably not going to swallow any easy evasions or excuses.

One of the primary roles of adults, seems to be trying to teach adolescents and teens how not to just jump ahead and do What Seems Like A Good Idea At The Time without really thinking things through and considering consequences... and it often doesn't work. Being spontaneous can be good. Being impulsive, not so much so. Being impulsive in order to show off to friends... really not so much so. Being impulsive in order to show off to friends that you're an aspect of a multi-dimensional being capable of ripping holes in dimensions and making Elder Gods poop their pants... really not a good thing.

What Castela did here feels a bit like the the "Hey, hold my beer and watch this!" meme, para-style. Granted, it wasn't alcohol-fueled, but even assuming that Castela is as Blackthorn-powerful as she believes, it was probably still very dangerous and could have had (or could still have) serious consequences. Heck, if she'd missed her aim even a little, she might have torn a portal open tack through time into a local mall gift store during one of the big Beanie Baby riots, and then where would we all be?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:26 pm Heck, if she'd missed her aim even a little, she might have torn a portal open tack through time into a local mall gift store during one of the big Beanie Baby riots, and then where would we all be?
Seein's as I never gave much a damn about Beanie Babies, I would be highly amused...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 am
Dave wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:26 pm Heck, if she'd missed her aim even a little, she might have torn a portal open tack through time into a local mall gift store during one of the big Beanie Baby riots, and then where would we all be?
Seein's as I never gave much a damn about Beanie Babies, I would be highly amused...
And the unspeakable extra-dimensional horrors would see why you don't want to mess with Earthlings.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 am
Sgt. Howard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 am
And the unspeakable extra-dimensional horrors would see why you don't want to mess with Earthlings.

--FreeFlier
Yup- Beanie Babies will do that,,,,
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.