Already Taken 2021-02-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Already Taken 2021-02-01

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: Already Taken 2021-02-01

Post by jwhouk »

Yeeeah, kinda breaks the suspension of disbelief a bit.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Except for the fact that Atsali did say it would not affect anyone who loved her. Katherine, as Atsali's adopted mom, definitely loves her.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:49 pm Except for the fact that Atsali did say it would not affect anyone who loved her. Katherine, as Atsali's adopted mom, definitely loves her.
That's the siren part - i had forgot.

I don't think she's said one way or the other about the succubus part of her heritage,
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

A certain young lady friend and I were discussing those moments when various bodily urges completely overwhelm the rational process and you wind up in an overly/overtly emotional situation.

To wit: "It's like having your crotch sneeze."

I think Katherine is fighting off the sniffles, and failing!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Don't worry Katherine, I'm sure Ms. School Principal is amenable to an open relationship. :lol: :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

You would think that Katherine would be better prepared. For someone who interacts with paras, on a daily basis, and not have their magical protection on them, would be like you or I, leaving the house, without our wallet. We might not need it, but you will instantly regret it, the moment that you do.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Rule of Funny...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

ziggy78eog wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:34 am You would think that Katherine would be better prepared. For someone who interacts with paras, on a daily basis, and not have their magical protection on them, would be like you or I, leaving the house, without our wallet. We might not need it, but you will instantly regret it, the moment that you do.
I'm constantly forgetting my mask when I leave the house because up until this year masks were semi-illegal, and now they are required. My 60 plus years of not wearing a mask leaving the house keeps overriding mask mandates. Now I wore a mask everyday at work for 10 years so it's not like I'm anti-mask, it's more a matter of overriding previous ingrained patterns and replacing them with new ones.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Can't fault Katherine for her tastes, though...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Grrl Power 101: The tanned boobs to the right in the foreground belong to Dabbler {an alien succubus}* she entered a meeting with her aura cranked up to 11, just to mess with Maxima {the shiny gold boobs on the left}
bewbs.jpg
bewbs.jpg (81.46 KiB) Viewed 12066 times
==============================
* Actually, they're part of a glamour; Dabbler is dark blue with lighter stripes, has four horns and four arms, a tail ... and large boobs ...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:13 pm * Actually, they're part of a glamour; Dabbler is dark blue with lighter stripes, has four horns and four arms, a tail ... and large boobs ...
And a wit so sharp she makes razors look like marshmallows

(Note: she does NOT have a filthy mind. She just thinks about food a lot. The catch is in what constitutes food to her...)
Last edited by Warrl on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And thanks to your link, I just spent the last two hours re-reading the episodes up to and through the steak house parking lot fight. Fun times.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Always happy to be of service...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:42 pm And thanks to your link, I just spent the last two hours re-reading the episodes up to and through the steak house parking lot fight. Fun times.
I know the feeling...

Kinda like...

TV Tropes will ruin your life...

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK, UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF FREE TIME AT HAND!

DON'T DO IT!

I'M WARNING YOU!

YOUR LOSS!

Don't worry: if you take too long, we'll send a search party...
(Assuming they don't get lost along the way...)
AnotherFairportfan

On at least one other forum i frequent, it is considrred to be Very Bad Manners to post a TVTropes link without warning.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:06 am On at least one other forum i frequent, it is considrred to be Very Bad Manners to post a TVTropes link without warning.
"Warning: that link goes to The Lair of the Time Eater!"
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I learned long ago to hover the link and see where it leads . . . Some places I don't go.

"The internet will teach you many things you do not wish to know." -anon

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Just imagine what you can learn on the deep web! (No, not the dark web, where all the crime is done.)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:56 am
Atomic wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:42 pm And thanks to your link, I just spent the last two hours re-reading the episodes up to and through the steak house parking lot fight. Fun times.
I know the feeling...

Kinda like...

TV Tropes will ruin your life...

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK, UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF FREE TIME AT HAND!

DON'T DO IT!

I'M WARNING YOU!

YOUR LOSS!

Don't worry: if you take too long, we'll send a search party...
(Assuming they don't get lost along the way...)
(Emphasis added, this time around...)

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:06 am On at least one other forum i frequent, it is considrred to be Very Bad Manners to post a TVTropes link without warning.
Are you saying my warning was not sufficient? :?

FreeFlier wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 pm I learned long ago to hover the link and see where it leads . . . Some places I don't go.

"The internet will teach you many things you do not wish to know." -anon

--FreeFlier
One thing I've found with this forum, is that long URLs that are posted straight get "shortened" with ellipses (...) The underlying link stays the same, but the full link is not completely visible in the text. For instance, the link I posted above, when typed in straight without any tags thus:

Code: Select all

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife
gives: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... inYourLife

I find that to be less than useful. Even if you wrap the URL with a URL tag, wherein you add the URL again as the destination, it still gets shortened:

Code: Select all

[url=https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife[/url]
still gives: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... inYourLife

That is why I usually will use descriptive text for my link, like the original TV Tropes will ruin your life..., so that people have any idea, even before hovering on the link, as to what should be behind that link. However, seeing as it's easy to type in any kind of text for a link, and link to something completely different, FreeFlier's recommendation is still the best advice to follow.