Fitting in 2021-01-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Fitting in 2021-01-28

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Re: Fitting in 2021-01-28

Post by FreeFlier »

The woman bringing the amulet looks familiar for some reason . . . I don't know why.

--FreeFlier
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Katherine is risking a clothing malfunction -- or she lost a buttonhole, maybe?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:26 am The woman bringing the amulet looks familiar for some reason . . . I don't know why.

--FreeFlier
Paul has drawn her in a manner that calls attention to her.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yeah I can see her mentally-challenged sister not having an inkling about controlling her pheromones, and what kind of damage that could cause to an environment of hormonally-addled teenagers. Bomb, meet lit fuze.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:23 am
FreeFlier wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:26 am The woman bringing the amulet looks familiar for some reason . . . I don't know why.

--FreeFlier
Paul has drawn her in a manner that calls attention to her.
He's used a different line than with Katherine in the same panel.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

WHO is the delectable pile of curves with a quarter mile of tasty looking neck?!? YUMMY!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Somehow, even though she really doesn't look like her, she puts me in mind of Cherry Poptart.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:15 am WHO is the delectable pile of curves with a quarter mile of tasty looking neck?!? YUMMY!!!
She may look nice, but her posture immediately tells me she is not. Unless, of course, she is trying very hard to look professional in front of Ms. G.

As for the title of this particular page, I'm surprised I haven't noticed any jokes about large boobs...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Roxanne looks almost like the stereotypical sexy librarian . . .

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Atomic wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:44 am Katherine is risking a clothing malfunction -- or she lost a buttonhole, maybe?
Well, she IS spending time in a fairly-small enclosed space with a nervous and poorly-controlled succubus...

... and she's only humans...
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:37 pm
Atomic wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:44 am Katherine is risking a clothing malfunction -- or she lost a buttonhole, maybe?
Well, she IS spending time in a fairly-small enclosed space with a nervous and poorly-controlled succubus...

... and she's only humans...
Sort of
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Alkarii wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm
Sgt. Howard wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:15 am WHO is the delectable pile of curves with a quarter mile of tasty looking neck?!? YUMMY!!!
She may look nice, but her posture immediately tells me she is not. Unless, of course, she is trying very hard to look professional in front of Ms. G.

As for the title of this particular page, I'm surprised I haven't noticed any jokes about large boobs...
The WHOLE COMIC is SATURATED with LARGE BOOBS... has been since page 1... maybe that was too easy?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:52 pmPoor Atsali - she has to be careful not only with pheromones but with her singing voice, too...
Though nothing has been mentioned about pheromones in regards to her, even while she was loudly complaining about her vocal powers. It could be that the pheromones are limited to full-blooded succubi, and that Atsali (half succubus, half siren), Skylar (probably half succubus and half human, given that her mother is apparently married to a human), and any other hybrids don't have to worry about that.
Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 am Yeah I can see her mentally-challenged sister not having an inkling about controlling her pheromones, and what kind of damage that could cause to an environment of hormonally-addled teenagers. Bomb, meet lit fuze.
Briar is the same age as Castela and in the same grade has her, so she's apparently intellectually as advanced as any other 15-year-old. It's the whole issue of where and when she is that seems to be her problem. So she might very well know that there's a time and a place for being herself and another for having to control her nature. . .the question is whether she can tell which is which.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 amYeah I can see her mentally-challenged sister not having an inkling about controlling her pheromones, and what kind of damage that could cause to an environment of hormonally-addled teenagers. Bomb, meet lit fuze.
IMHO, Briar appears to be more directionally than mentally challenged.

Hormone-addled teenagers is redundant. OTOH, I would expect teens to have a reasonable resistance to pheromones and hormones due to high exposure . . .

Gripping hand, would anyone even notice "extra" pheromones with teenagers?
Catawampus wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:25 am
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:52 pmPoor Atsali - she has to be careful not only with pheromones but with her singing voice, too...
Though nothing has been mentioned about pheromones in regards to her, even while she was loudly complaining about her vocal powers. It could be that the pheromones are limited to full-blooded succubi, and that Atsali (half succubus, half siren), Skylar (probably half succubus and half human, given that her mother is apparently married to a human), and any other hybrids don't have to worry about that.
I'd guess that half-succubi have pheromones at near-human levels.

Which is bad enough with teenagers.
Catawampus wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:25 am
Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 amYeah I can see her mentally-challenged sister not having an inkling about controlling her pheromones, and what kind of damage that could cause to an environment of hormonally-addled teenagers. Bomb, meet lit fuze.
Briar is the same age as Castela and in the same grade has her, so she's apparently intellectually as advanced as any other 15-year-old. It's the whole issue of where and when she is that seems to be her problem. So she might very well know that there's a time and a place for being herself and another for having to control her nature. . .the question is whether she can tell which is which.
The safer answer is to assume that it's always time for control unless she's specifically told otherwise.

Still not completely safe, but the least un-safe.

--FreeFlier