My Roomie 2020-12-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

My Roomie 2020-12-02

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: My Roomie 2020-12-02

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Has this girl got an ulterior motive ... or is she just another Eurayle?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm going to second the Euryale clone hypothesis. I mean I know she's not a gorgon, but she seems to be running the same OS.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Besides, as we are finding out, they apparently are roommates, so she was probably going to be in the room anyway, and it looks like she is just ever so friendly, that just being "two ships that pass each other in the night" is not good enough. She doesn't want to be separately in the same room, but wants to enjoy the company. I feel no ill will or mischievous/devious undercurrent there.

I'll chalk that up as some world building on Paul's part, and a very bubbly personality on April's part.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 am I'm going to second the Euryale clone hypothesis. I mean I know she's not a gorgon, but she seems to be running the same OS.
Well, as long as it's not GlaDOS... Despite its innocuous sounding name, I heard some rather disconcerting things about it... Not least of which was that it's definitely not user-friendly... ;)

Even worse, I hear rumors that while it had supposedly been done away with, it's actually still alive, somewhere, somehow... :?

Other interesting takes on that song include the following:

GLaDOS in: STILL ALIVE (ANIMATIC VIDEO) (Same audio, but with some form of hand-drawn animation)

Still Alive (Live at Symphony Hall) (Sung while accompanied by a full orchestra)

Still Alive performed with GLaDOS!!! - A Cappella arrangement with Ellen McLain (Name of the video says it all)

Still Alive - Frank Sinatra Big Band Swing Version (The 8-Bit Big Band) (WOW! Just. WOW!)
Leak

Post by Leak »

Speaking of Portal songs (covers and originals) - Harry101Uk's YouTube channel is full of those:

The Sound Of Science (A Portal parody of 'The Sound of Silence' by Simon and Garfunkel)

Santa Cores Are Coming Tonight

Hello (Lionel Richie cover)

...among many others... :)