Care Buddy 2020-10-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Care Buddy 2020-10-13

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Care Buddy 2020-10-13

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:40 am Well, now we know where the Band-Aid comes from...
Probably from a large box of them in the medicine cabinet in Briar's home... but that's really not much of a surprise.

We also know why the Band-Aid is there... and based on what we've learned about Briar so far I don't think that comes as much of a surprise either.

The only real surprise is that Briar's mother hasn't entirely Briar-proof the whole house by this time. A few strips of decorative tape or some decals or frosting on the glass door would make it a lot more obvious to the eye... this trick helps keep birds from flying into big plate glass windows and it would probably help protect Briar as well.

Does the school supply care buddies with leashes or tracking devices? Would such things even work with Briar or would she simply disappear in the middle of saying something, and leave them clattering to the floor?
AnotherFairportfan

They've apparently moved recently - maybe she hasn't had time.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

There's a dissociative condition where people recognize a circumstance but unable to respond well. The classic example was a person who, being treated for burns, said, "The sofa was on fire when I sat on it."

Having the awareness is one thing, being able to act on it is another.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 am
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:40 amWell, now we know where the Band-Aid comes from...
Probably from a large box of them in the medicine cabinet in Briar's home... but that's really not much of a surprise.

We also know why the Band-Aid is there... and based on what we've learned about Briar so far I don't think that comes as much of a surprise either.

The only real surprise is that Briar's mother hasn't entirely Briar-proof the whole house by this time. A few strips of decorative tape or some decals or frosting on the glass door would make it a lot more obvious to the eye... this trick helps keep birds from flying into big plate glass windows and it would probably help protect Briar as well.
When we moved into the new house, the first thing mom did was put butterfly decals on the sliding glass door, right at eye level, before we even moved in. Nearly 50 years later, they're still there . . .

Then she stitched white stars to the corresponding screen door.
Dave wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 amDoes the school supply care buddies with leashes or tracking devices? Would such things even work with Briar or would she simply disappear in the middle of saying something, and leave them clattering to the floor?
We should experiment . . .
Atomic wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:03 pmThere's a dissociative condition where people recognize a circumstance but unable to respond well. The classic example was a person who, being treated for burns, said, "The sofa was on fire when I sat on it."
I heard that as being a drunk after he set the bed on fire smoking in bed.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

explode.jpg
explode.jpg (28.98 KiB) Viewed 5886 times
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I knew an Airedale who insisted that the $18 hunk of Stilton had leaped from the table and made a dash for the door. So obviously, it was his duty to stop it.

He did feel bad about barfing it all over the rug afterward. But who could have foreseen that? Certainly no Airedale. :roll:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Typeminer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:07 pm I knew an Airedale who insisted that the $18 hunk of Stilton had leaped from the table and made a dash for the door. So obviously, it was his duty to stop it.

He did feel bad about barfing it all over the rug afterward. But who could have foreseen that? Certainly no Airedale. :roll:
That, also, was his duty. He selflessly saved you from exposure to a really bad bout of post-cheese-ingestion canine flatulence. Might have saved your life, he might have.