Introduce Yourself 2020-10-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Introduce Yourself 2020-10-08

Post by Dave »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/introduce-yourself/

Briar does get around. I guess her quantum tunneling isn't an unmixed curse.
jeffepp

Re: Introduce Yourself 2020-10-08

Post by jeffepp »

I'm pondering... does our little Tumbleweed find this tall drink of water something she wants to sip?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Bill and Ted got lost in a phone booth, so she's in good company!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jeffepp wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:23 pm I'm pondering... does our little Tumbleweed find this tall drink of water something she wants to sip?
Doubt it. At least i doubt it NOW.

Have to see what happens.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Figuring out Briar may be a tangled, thorny problem, but at least Shawna ought to be used to that sort of thing.
Dave wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:06 pm Briar does get around. I guess her quantum tunneling isn't an unmixed curse.
There is definitely some uncertainty for anybody who gets entangled with her, though.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:11 am Figuring out Briar may be a tangled, thorny problem, but at least Shawna ought to be used to that sort of thing.
Dave wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:06 pm Briar does get around. I guess her quantum tunneling isn't an unmixed curse.
There is definitely some uncertainty for anybody who gets entangled with her, though.
"Oh, please don't throw me into that Briar patch, Mr. Heisenberg!" :D
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Well, the getting lost in an elevator lends credence to my walking at right angles to reality hypothesis. :lol:

Seriously, though, what can they do for her? Because this doesn't look like something she is in control of, or even aware when it happens.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 pm "Oh, please don't throw me into that Briar patch, Mr. Heisenberg!" :D
So you think that they ought to get Castela's Kindergarten teacher to deal with her, rather than Ms. Alger?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Dave wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 pm "Oh, please don't throw me into that Briar patch, Mr. Heisenberg!" :D
So you think that they ought to get Castela's Kindergarten teacher to deal with her, rather than Ms. Alger?
That would work. Briar does seem to be pioneering a unique and novel form of rabbit transit.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wouldn't that just be a Golf GTI?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Got lost in an elevator, eh? Definitely the Wapsiverse’s Ryoga.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...I assume Pablo's skipping Fridays again?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:14 pm ...I assume Pablo's skipping Fridays again?
You assume correctly. When he announced the restart, he said that new strips would be posted Monday through Thursday of each week.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:23 pm
jwhouk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:14 pm ...I assume Pablo's skipping Fridays again?
You assume correctly. When he announced the restart, he said that new strips would be posted Monday through Thursday of each week.
That is so cruel, making us wait three days every week...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
thehappyman

Post by thehappyman »

Elevator? That would be an off the scale nerdy cross reference. As in 'defocused temporal perception'.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Ah, succubus mainline, betting she has issues similar to big sis, with mental blind spots extending a bit further to location and time. Wonder if issues like these underlay the bad stereotype of the "dumb" succubus kids seem to have in this world. Non-standard perception of the world can be rough, and kids are mean. :(
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:34 am That is so cruel, making us wait three days every week...
As compared to waiting, oh, six or eight months?

As Kath said to Atsali as they were riding down the mine tunnel away from the fire and the old unstable dynamite, "Let's count our blastings."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Armorlord wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:17 am Ah, succubus mainline, betting she has issues similar to big sis, with mental blind spots extending a bit further to location and time. Wonder if issues like these underlay the bad stereotype of the "dumb" succubus kids seem to have in this world. Non-standard perception of the world can be rough, and kids are mean. :(
On the other hand, Skylar, Selene, and Hellen are all at least partial succubi, yet they seem to be fine. Atsali even had to explain her problem to Skylar. So I don't think that it's a common succubus problem.

The only other siren we've seen (that I know of) was Atsali's mother, and there's not been enough to tell with her. So Atsali's problem could be a siren thing. Or Atsali's problem could just be an Atsali thing, and Briar just has a Briar thing.

And if the two gals ever happened to team up, it would probably result in the universe imploding or something. "One's a college-age adventurer, the other's a high school transfer student. . .and together, they totally confuse crime!"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:52 am And if the two gals ever happened to team up, it would probably result in the universe imploding or something. "One's a college-age adventurer, the other's a high school transfer student. . .and together, they totally confuse crime!"
Overheard in the local jail: "My gang held up the Kansas City stage, and all they brought me was a stupid floodlight."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I suspect our Miss Briar may be an example of an autistic paranormal.