Quick Update and New Cast 2020-07-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

Quick Update and New Cast 2020-07-31

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/quick-update-and-new-cast/

I'm looking forward to seeing the back and forth of these two sisters and how they fit in with the rest of the Wapsi cast!
Dave

Re: Quick Update and New Cast 2020-07-31

Post by Dave »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:41 am I'm looking forward to seeing the back and forth of these two sisters and how they fit in with the rest of the Wapsi cast!
Are those wings actually purple paisley? :shock:

If so, Briar is going to be quite the smart bomb!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'Gotta Lion in ma pocket babe, it's ready t'splode...'
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TazManiac wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm 'Gotta Lion in ma pocket babe, it's ready t'splode...'
That reference? I get it.

Irony that I was re-reading our fanfic over at "Purple Raindrops" earlier this week.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Got a rocket in my pocket
Fingers in the socket
No way for you to stop it, that rocket
C'mon, you get off on it

:mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Actually, now that I run it again in my head, I got the end wrong, it's; 'ready to ROAR...'

Culpa de mea...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

"I GOT A ROCKET IN MY POCKET" by Jimmy Lloyd.

1958 was really something!

For you musicologists out there, here it is again -- sort of:

"I Used To Could" by Mark Knopfler.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Well, I was thinking of this one. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

And of course, relating to the Purple Paisley Wings; Prince's 1999....
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Is anyone else hoping that the older sister teases the main cast with some racy comments/questions? I wanna see Castela get embarrassed when Dale gives her some... ahem... advice.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Not Cass - Atsali.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, given that the younger of the two sisters would be in school with Cas, it'd be kinda likely thar the two would meet, although there's no reason she couldn't do that to Atsali. Or, even better, she could give Catherine some tips in front of the girls, and make everyone blush at once.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Traipsing through the old commentary section, I came across what I think was my second ever commentary- this is where Justin is being flown to the hospital by Shelly and saying, "But I don't WANT to get roped back into the paranormal,"-

Sgt. Howard
January 30, 2012, 1:09 am | # | Reply
It took me a week and a half to catch up with this storyline, one of the more imagenative premises I have ever encountered. These girls are quite REAL, not two dimentional ditzy bimbos or overwhelmingly (and unbelivably) superminded fonts of wisdom- and now, this poor cop is squallering about getting “roped back into the paranormal”? what… was he dating Jin at some point? Or maybe one of my my ex-wives (there’s three to choose from, but the third one was a REAL traipse through the looking glass)? Hmmmm… OK, when will this be animated?
the Old Sgt.

Damned if I didn't call it back then...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Speaking of, what's Shelly up to?

Now I'm suddenly wondering what would happen if any of the ladies got knocked up, or if that's even possible.

Which would really just mean Shelly or Phix, since those are the only ones not in a lesbian relationship and not a golem.

Edit: whoops, I kinda forgot about Scarlet, but then, she's still in school, and I don't see her going far enough to risk that just yet.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

KEVIN: "Oh, great, they've forgotten about me already."
BUD: "They're just saying that. Now c'mon and help me get this roast into the oven."
KEVIN: "...is that a double entendre for something?"
BUD: (deep sigh)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Tina, who would be a great subject for 'And just HOW did you get pregnant?' side-eye, would herself make an even more intriguing subject if gestation of offspring where to commence...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I forgot all about Tina, but did she even have any prospective partners?

Oh, good lord... I just pictured Hiroshi discovering the concept of "cougars," and getting curious about it right around the time they graduate.

Edit: the implication being that he would think about hitting on Tina during a visit to the coffee shop. Given how she's almost a mind reader, that might be kinda funny to see.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:20 pm I forgot all about Tina, but did she even have any prospective partners?
As far as canon goes: one of the characters (Monica or Shelly I think) asked her about that at one point. Tina said that the whole idea of having sex made her uncomfortable, given her nature as a coven of demons inhabiting-and-piloting a sort-of-half-dead human body in the absence of its original soul/owner.

Tina as we've known her ("Tina 2.1" as I just described, and the earlier "Tina 2.0" who was the-same-but-Nudge-was-on-board-as-well) has always shown a serious and touching respect for Tina 1.0 (the original human Tina). My impression is that she may feel that having sex "with her body" would be disrespectful to the original Tina. I don't think we know anything about Tina 1.0's relationships prior to her death.

(Twisted idea-of-the-day which just came to me. We now know that the original Tina's soul didn't pass on into death in the usual way. Instead, it "fused" with Shelly's group of personal demons, creating a new demon/human-soul hybrid whom we now call "Creepy Girl" or "Conscience". Would that somehow mean that a threesome between Tina 2.1, Conscience, and a third party would be OK with Tina? :twisted: ).

As far as non-canon storylines go, if you dig around in the Fan Fiction area you'll find a number of stories in which Tina has an ongoing relationship with an character who rather strongly personifies one of our fan authors.
Oh, good lord... I just pictured Hiroshi discovering the concept of "cougars," and getting curious about it right around the time they graduate.

Edit: the implication being that he would think about hitting on Tina during a visit to the coffee shop. Given how she's almost a mind reader, that might be kinda funny to see.
Yeah, she'd pick up on that in his aura in a millisecond or so.

She's certainly gracious enough that she'd let him down gently.

Tina's a cool character. I rather hope that Paul is going to use the new Mucho Mocha focus to bring Tina back into the main story-line, and explore her further evolution as an integrated being (the person I sometimes call "Tina 3.0"). He's laid plenty of groundwork for that over the years and I'd love to see him carry it forward.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(Necro-Necro...)

Dont ferget that there is supposed to be a 'Blackwing' aspect to our beloved Tina-ski.

(Stan got a EuRail Pass, but I think he may be back in town soon...)