We need more new content

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

We need more new content

Post by Opus the Poet »

As much as I love the videos, the amount of time it takes one guy to draw and animate even a few minutes of video means we get weeks without content on the main page :evil:

I really wish there was some way for Paul to continue once or twice a week on the main page while still making the animations that now seem to be his obsession. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: We need more new content

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

You'll get no argument from me...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Agreed. The "We'll still be here when you get back from your break" philosophy is a good one, and quite fair when the breaks are due to vacations, emergencies, family concerns, or other short-term overwhelms. It feels as if we're long past that, in this case.

This feels like a long-term change of direction, amounting to an abandonment of the strip itself as an artistic and authorial medium. I don't know if it's possible for any author to maintain a strong story-line and reader engagement with these sorts of long, indeterminate halts.

The Forum shows this clearly enough... there's little activity and few people checking in, and none of the recent discussions have been about Wapsi Square per se. There are more "bot" postings than real ones, these days, and all but one or two of the last thousand Forum user registrations have been bots (I purge and ban several of each every day).

I hope it's not already too late, but I fear that it is.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It is a bad thing when Real Life Comics updates more often than you do.

Of course, there's been a little bit of a change with the main character.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Paul replied to a question about this in the Pen Launch comments, a couple of days ago:
Paul Taylor wrote:Thanks much for checking in, I plan to start the comic back up this Fall. I’ll be sure to make an announcement here about that in a couple days so folks don’t worry. ^_^
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:16 pm Paul replied to a question about this in the Pen Launch comments, a couple of days ago:
Paul Taylor wrote:Thanks much for checking in, I plan to start the comic back up this Fall. I’ll be sure to make an announcement here about that in a couple days so folks don’t worry. ^_^
Snrk... Might have been nice to make a similar comment on his own website...

*quietly discards pitchfork and torch*
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I trust Paul ... but i've been burnt before.

OTOH, Shattered Starlight just posted its first new page since March a week or so ago...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of comics I love get abandoned over the years and I'd hate to see Wapsi Square go the same way.