Library Ghost Story Trailer 01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Library Ghost Story Trailer 01

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think Pablo is moving in another direction.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/library-gh ... railer-01/
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Library Ghost Story Trailer 01

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Art Deco, Cathedral-like, semi-brutalist, dungeon-ish, and... Phix.

Yeah, that's The Library.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:23 am How far he has come...http://wapsisquare.com/comic/09092001/
This just made me think... since Monica is now effectively immortal (if she dies, she returns at the same physical age she was after the end of the calendar machine debacle), what about her friends who aren't? And what happens if, in a couple decades or so, there's an accident of some sort and she resets? Does she have to explain to everyone who wasn't previously in the loop?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:56 am
Sgt. Howard wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:23 am How far he has come...http://wapsisquare.com/comic/09092001/
This just made me think... since Monica is now effectively immortal (if she dies, she returns at the same physical age she was after the end of the calendar machine debacle), what about her friends who aren't? And what happens if, in a couple decades or so, there's an accident of some sort and she resets? Does she have to explain to everyone who wasn't previously in the loop?
And what happens if Monica resets when she and Jet are in their sixties?

As to explaining - her friends know and several of them are at least functionally immortal too; the bigger problem i see is ID ... though i suspect there's a system in place to provide that sort of thing for paras for whom it might otherwise be problematic. I mean Euryale and Stheno are in their third millenium, and they seem to be fine out in the world...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

ID's won't be a problem. She's got these two people on the inside that have "a certain set of skills" that allow them to get forged papers and whatnot.

One of them even drives a cool LTD.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin