Stay Away 2020-02-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Stay Away 2020-02-28

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Re: Stay Away 2020-02-28

Post by Dave »

A demon who goes a bit too heavy on the mascara at times?
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

So her face splits open, and I'm thinking that those spikes may be vines or roots that she's making shoot up from the ground like that. I wonder if the face thing is normal for her, or if she chose to hold that appearance.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

With her face opening that way . . . I wonder if this is one of Valerie's demons?

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Whatever it is Dietzel says they are not Bad enough that he can't lick them (double entendre, not a pun). My take on it is that Dietzel recognizes them and is just saying "hi" and the whosits is the one that doesn't recognize Dietzel.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 am So her face splits open, and I'm thinking that those spikes may be vines or roots that she's making shoot up from the ground like that. I wonder if the face thing is normal for her, or if she chose to hold that appearance.
It sorta feels to me as if what we're seeing here is a personification (or aspect or demon) of someone who has been badly hurt and has withdrawn from the world.
  • Hiding in a basement, away from people.
  • Wearing an outward face which is in the "uncanny valley"... sort of normal and benign, but bizarre in a Mad Eye Moody way, and (with its cracks) clearly a mask. Not intended to encourage contact or communication.
  • Reacts to approach by immediately shedding the mask, revealing a deeper (truer?) face full of fear and hostility, and manifesting a defense intended to keep the intruder at a distance.
Could this be someone's Trauma demon? If so, whose, and what was the trauma?

One character who has been through an obvious trauma which led to withdrawal and strong personal defenses was Katherine, but she's years past that at this point. Georgette also experienced a horrible trauma as a young girl, but she seems to have come more to terms with it thanks to Monica's intervention.

I get the feeling that we're going to hear some painful back-story that's new to us.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:54 am
Alkarii wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 am So her face splits open, and I'm thinking that those spikes may be vines or roots that she's making shoot up from the ground like that. I wonder if the face thing is normal for her, or if she chose to hold that appearance.
It sorta feels to me as if what we're seeing here is a personification (or aspect or demon) of someone who has been badly hurt and has withdrawn from the world.
  • Hiding in a basement, away from people.
  • Wearing an outward face which is in the "uncanny valley"... sort of normal and benign, but bizarre in a Mad Eye Moody way, and (with its cracks) clearly a mask. Not intended to encourage contact or communication.
  • Reacts to approach by immediately shedding the mask, revealing a deeper (truer?) face full of fear and hostility, and manifesting a defense intended to keep the intruder at a distance.
Could this be someone's Trauma demon? If so, whose, and what was the trauma?

One character who has been through an obvious trauma which led to withdrawal and strong personal defenses was Katherine, but she's years past that at this point. Georgette also experienced a horrible trauma as a young girl, but she seems to have come more to terms with it thanks to Monica's intervention.

I get the feeling that we're going to hear some painful back-story that's new to us.
Well given we have seen the "origin" story of Cass that would certainly be enough to create a terror demon
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Darn. I was thinking this new person was, like... a prototype of what Castela is. She looks similar, at least.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.