Unlike My Own Life 2019-11-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Unlike My Own Life 2019-11-01

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Re: Unlike My Own Life 2019-11-01

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Did we just get Mindy's reveal as a trans man?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 pm Did we just get Mindy's reveal as a trans man?
I don't think so... don't see that interpretation here. She appears to have been binding up her breasts so they would appear to be smaller, just as Atsali did a few years ago... implying that she was (then) uncomfortable at being seen as buxom.

Something has apparently changed in the past few weeks... something which has (it seems) allowed her to be more comfortable about her body and to be less cautious (or more independent of action).

I smell a (back) story reveal in the offing.

(Also: Hiroshi knew who Mindy and Barbara were, before they joined the Club. As airheaded as he is, I suspect he would have blurted it out if he knew that "Mindy" had previously had a male persona. This isn't definite of course but I think it leans against Mindy being trans.)
AnotherFairportfan

She still carries large objects in front of her chest to hide, so she may be "more" comfortable, but not what i'd call comfortable showing them off.

I wonder if being the great-granddaughter of Aphrodite bears the same kind of implied/inferred expectations about someone's behaviour?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:33 am She still carries large objects in front of her chest to hide, so she may be "more" comfortable, but not what i'd call comfortable showing them off.

I wonder if being the great-granddaughter of Aphrodite bears the same kind of implied/inferred expectations about someone's behaviour?
That's a real possibility. She may be afraid of people judging her for her body over her personality, being the descendant of a love goddess.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Just imagine Dolly Parton's daughter in Jr. High/High School, and you'll get it close.

Or hell, just look up our little buxom demi-goddess Monica's elementary school experiences with D-cups.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

From my own daughters experience of school with and over abundance in that department i cant even imagine having the added burden of a built in reputation as well.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
ducksbeast

Post by ducksbeast »

The binding does explain a bit. Also, it's pretty cool to see her logic'ing her way through this in the second panel, even if she's very probably mistaken.
AnotherFairportfan

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:33 am I wonder if being the great-granddaughter of Aphrodite bears the same kind of implied/inferred expectations about someone's behaviour?
I meant to say "expectations about someone's behaviour as about sirens and mermaids."