Right of Way 2012-10-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Right of Way 2012-10-24

Post by Atomic »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I think I'll go with those who said that these girls are normally invisible, maybe even more in spiritual form than corporeal, thus allowing people to normally walk right through them. That would explain why they can just stand in the middle of the sidewalk and chat. They are, stunned someone sees them, perhaps more stunned this someone seems to be a being of lethal power to them. Monica just was there before they really noticed and they may be expecting this to be their last moment "alive." Could be it's a rule of thumb that anyone who can see them when they don't want to be seen is usually a predator.
Honey Badger don't care!

M is now officially badass.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote: Honey Badger don't care!

M is now officially badass.
Based on Thursday's strip, I'd say that M may qualify as being several badasses (badassen? badassi?)
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Prester Fred wrote:Okay, I gotta say something here (and damn you for making me say anything positive about any part of Twilight.)

. . .
What I have a problem with is the bland vapidity of a high school girl who is soooo deep and soooo complex that nobody her own age could possibly understand her, and the sheer creepiness of a (multi?)-centenarian thinking she's the most fascinating creature on the face of the earth (whether or not he looks like a 20-something "teenager.")

And no, I've never read any of the books nor seen any of the movies; I picked up what little I know by sheer osmosis. Like most of the really virulent toxins, Twilight can be absorbed through the skin.

But sparkly vampires? Could have been interesting, if they'd been in a story that didn't stink on ice.
For more on bad writing in the series than you ever wanted to know--punctuation, character, plot, and other aspects--see Reasoning With Vampires.
(When asked: "Why do you spend so much time reading something you hate?", she replied: "I doubt the good people at the CDC love Ebola. I’m a literary epidemiologist.")
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote: For more on bad writing in the series than you ever wanted to know--punctuation, character, plot, and other aspects--see Reasoning With Vampires.
(When asked: "Why do you spend so much time reading something you hate?", she replied: "I doubt the good people at the CDC love Ebola. I’m a literary epidemiologist.")
That is the best bit of reasoning I have heard in a long time. :lol:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.