Feel Better 2015-08-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Feel Better 2015-08-11

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/feel-better/

"If you gotta go, go with a smile!" :D
DilyV

Re: Feel Better 2015-08-11

Post by DilyV »

...aaaaaaand there's the little tumbleweed....

Go Go Go with a smile!

Ya gotta love the Jack Nicholson Joker...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Hmmm. Isn't revealing the existence of vampires a little dangerous for the Para Masquerade?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Are we starting an 'old familiar faces' week?

I'm not opposed to the idea.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Hmmm. Isn't revealing the existence of vampires a little dangerous for the Para Masquerade?
The innocent will hopefully be grateful enough to stay quiet and the guilty won't be around to spill anything (but their own blood).
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Crowdsourced copy editing.

Panel 1 Suzy's speech bubble, "fall" should be "falls".

Panel 3 Pickel is too cute. :D
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Are we starting an 'old familiar faces' week?
Next up, Owen and Lakshmi doting over their new baby.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

I don't think these two qualify as old familiar faces. They're involved more with the new mains then the old.

Also, have to say, but I'm kinda disappointed we've left Monica already, I was hoping for some Jet. .
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Good to see pickle using her big words. I do though see this line of reasoning having some potential for bad situations in the future
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

I'm not too concerned over how the "innocents" will react to them getting set free... i'm more worried about how they plan to cover up the method of execution for those that ARE guilty!! death by exsanguination will definitely kill them, it'll be a bit hard-to-swallow (pun intended) as a LEGAL method of execution...

as a reporter talks to the Warden: "oh, yes, we stab then in the neck and let all the blood drain out onto the floor... What's that you say? no extra cleanup has been noted during the various ones we've had so, far...What?, you say that VAMPIRES are killing them off... OH Pish -Tosh... Theres No Such Things as Vampires!, Ha... What do you take us for... Twilighters?, Pfft!!... (undr his breathe to a MIB agent behind him: cover this up ASAP!!!, get me a BETTER cover story, this one AIN'T working!)
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TheCollector wrote:I don't think these two qualify as old familiar faces. They're involved more with the new mains then the old.

Also, have to say, but I'm kinda disappointed we've left Monica already, I was hoping for some Jet. .
Sorry, Monica's getting that right now.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Hmmm. Isn't revealing the existence of vampires a little dangerous for the Para Masquerade?
The innocent will hopefully be grateful enough to stay quiet and the guilty won't be around to spill anything (but their own blood).
The innocent may not need to learn about vampires at all. Entering (or not entering) the cells of the condemned might be the screening process: If the vamps can't enter, some excuse is given why; some time later "new evidence" is found vindicating the accused & they walk away free. If the vamps CAN enter, then the prisoner is told about this new form of execution. They sign up and get to die happy (which, to me, kind of defeats the purpose of executing them in the first place, but whatever)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

After centuries of keeping a low profile the paras, starting with the vamps,
Are coming out of the closet?

The Wapsiverse is becoming a 21st Century Discworld? A Magic Inc.?

Will we see a Sam Vines-like character who doesn't want to work with Paras?

(Trying to name a movie with this premise... Eh, I got nothin'.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jayessell wrote:After centuries of keeping a low profile the paras, starting with the vamps,

Jay, investigate the HBO series 'True Blood'... 2008 - 2014 (Wow, Seven years...)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

So no one is gonna mention them talking about executing prisoners via blood sucking, and some of them finding it kinky, in front of the little sproutling?
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

As usual, I am getting bad vibes off this "Suzie". Lilly (I miss her dreadlocks) should feel as something is off, with her around.

Now, about that Monica-Jet-Shelly-Lilly girls-night-in Lingerie pool party...
eee

Post by eee »

Lily looks a LOT better!
scantrontb wrote:I'm not too concerned over how the "innocents" will react to them getting set free... i'm more worried about how they plan to cover up the method of execution for those that ARE guilty!! death by exsanguination will definitely kill them, it'll be a bit hard-to-swallow (pun intended) as a LEGAL method of execution...
How about as a means of execution in place of legal ones?
scantrontb wrote:as a reporter talks to the Warden: "oh, yes, we stab then in the neck and let all the blood drain out onto the floor... What's that you say? no extra cleanup has been noted during the various ones we've had so, far...What?, you say that VAMPIRES are killing them off... OH Pish -Tosh... Theres No Such Things as Vampires!, Ha... What do you take us for... Twilighters?, Pfft!!... (undr his breathe to a MIB agent behind him: cover this up ASAP!!!, get me a BETTER cover story, this one AIN'T working!)
Keep in mind, they're probably not killing ALL the death row inmates in ONE prison. I would imagine this is spread out. Also consider, prison authorities are in a perfect situation to make up cover stories, with the MiB providing backups via autopsy results and staging. Inmate A got hold of a piece of metal, honed it razor sharp, and cut his own throat. Inmates B, C, D, and E were found dead in their cells of natural causes or drug overdoses. Inmate F was conducting a daring escape when his foot slipped, he fell 100 feet, and his shattered body was found in a pool of his own blood at the foot of the prison. Inmate G was executed by lethal injection. At his request the process was closed to the press and public, witnesses are listed as Officers Pratt and McBride.

Lots of people die in prison naturally. Not many on death row, but it happens.

And speaking of autopsies, as part of that the blood is usually drained, anyway, so once the corpse reaches the Medical Examiner it's all over.
Akeche wrote:So no one is gonna mention them talking about executing prisoners via blood sucking, and some of them finding it kinky, in front of the little sproutling?
Pickle killed a fairy and can disintegrate objects with her bare hands. She's not completely innocent or clueless.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

And now we have as several famous 'last words' of convicted death row types- "BITE ME, BITCH!!!"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

I am deeply shamed to say I did not see that one coming, and my hat's off to Sarge. 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Platonix

Post by Platonix »

jayessell wrote:After centuries of keeping a low profile the paras, starting with the vamps,

Bit of a stretch, but...Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Toons are capable of wildly unnatural feats and live alongside humans. Main human character doesn't want to be involved with them due to a dark event in his past.