Excuse Me 2015-05-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Excuse Me 2015-05-28

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/excuse-me/

Let the fireworks commence.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thor

Re: Excuse Me 2015-05-28

Post by Thor »

I wonder how this fits into Jin's plan? I'm sure no one was expecting a stray Devyn to wander into the mix.
YakkoRex

Post by YakkoRex »

I like it. Very appropriate.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, that's all to the good. Atsali was concerned about appearing in public at the pool with inadequate support, but it looks as if some support has arrived quite spontaneously.

And maybe we've learned that Poseidon is a prude? :?
tophoo

Post by tophoo »

I like this kid.

And despise the French.
Mostly because I've worked with their military, but that's neither here nor there.
Y'know, I've got a nice, concise, little avatar pic that I've been using for ten damned years, and this is the first place I've ever tried to use it that said it was too big.
Screw it- I'm stayin' generic.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

YEEEEEEEAH!!! GIT 'IM!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Make us proud"

Yep...

====================

...and is that a mermaid i see shooting out of the water like a dolphin and changing form in mid-leap?

(Except for her fangs, of course.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:Well, that's all to the good. Atsali was concerned about appearing in public at the pool with inadequate support, but it looks as if some support has arrived quite spontaneously.

And maybe we've learned that Poseidon is a prude? :?
Not from Greek mythology, we don't...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And now, on with the plot!

I'm waiting for Devyn to break form and morph into some truly impressive creature that uses snotty french waiters as snacks. Just saying.

Anybody want to take up the gauntlet of "Para Pool for Human Form Interaction Training" issues? Breastfeeding at the pool events have come close to causing fist fights in the Human World -- I can only wonder what standards the pool management is trying to emulate!

Maybe the "NO FAT CHICKS" sign had small letters saying NOT HOT CHICKS EITHER.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:And maybe we've learned that Poseidon is a prude? :?
Not from Greek mythology, we don't...
From Wikipedia:
Poseidon was said to have had many lovers of both sexes (see expandable list below)
The list is quite long :)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Someone is about to get a crash course in Melittology. The Queen has been threatened, the hive is under attack. This means war!! Girls are about to come out the wood work. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

BRAVO BASE THAIS IS BRAVO CHARLEY- INCOMING!!! I SAY AGAIN, INCOMING!!! FRENCH CHAUESSER JUST ENGAGED AND NEAR DEMOLISHED BY LIGHT IRREGULAR INFANTRY! Enemy heavies yet to show, our support is already infiltrated deep, waiting for moment to strike. Cameras are all go- over
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
tombone

Post by tombone »

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The one where it's revealed that the Para Resort is owned by a certain individual who it was revealed a long time ago that she had a few millennia worth of savings, and has a tendency to fund those in the supernatural world.
And just slightly coincidentally who is also Atsali's mentor.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

And, so, it really begins. The aunties are about to come out of the woodwork. Oh, and a thought. If Jin owns a night club, what's the chances...
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

hmmm .... :?:

Today's comic makes me wonder, was there ever a real complaint the last time Atsali was there, or was it just something said by whomever asked her to leave then as a 'cover story'?

(no pun intended :p, maybe no pun made?)

ps: the quick (and sharp) response by Devyn ... I suspect she has had enough experience of standing up for others in the past that now it kicks in automatically :)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

tophoo wrote:I like this kid.

And despise the French.
Mostly because I've worked with their military, but that's neither here nor there.
I was accused of trying to start an international incident at my last Reforger... but as it was against a French observer, I was able to explain that there was no risk involved... I like the kid, too...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
elanora

Post by elanora »

A new challenger has appeared! +1 friend for Atsali and +brownie points to Devyn!
Also, screw this guy.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Don't be mad at the... lifeguard? Why the HELL is he french anyway, they're in the middle of the Twin Cities not Quebec. Anyway just remember the old saying "Don't shoot the messenger." Jin, Monica, Bud... just about anyone else that came with should have the foresight to realize this guy is just doing his job. Don't be mad at him, be mad at the people who complained.

I'm still expecting the lady who complained last time/maybe this time to have a lot more power than people expected.

Edit: Also, this is a resort? I thought this was a "public" pool that only let paras in. If it's an actual resort... Let's be clear here, they can throw you out for almost any reason they like that isn't discriminating against your religion/race/or in paranormal case species. Fact of the matter is this might not go so well. I thought they'd be dealing with some muffin-topped mom who's got a bone to pick to people who are young and hot, in a somewhat more exclusive public pool setting. Now? We might be dealing with something that will be far less simple than going "Oh just sic Phix/Monica/Jin/Bud on them!"
AnotherFairportfan

If this is just a pool, or if it's an actual resort - that caters exclusively to paras, it's gonna fall under the aegis of the MiB.

And the things you quoted about rules, regulations and laws apply in the USA. I strongly suspect this place is extraterritorial, de facto, even if not de jure.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Ah yeah!! I sense Devyn morphing into a main character!!