Wanna Join Me - 2015-05-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Wanna Join Me - 2015-05-20

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Castela is still fixated on that.

Link
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Re: Wanna Join Me - 2015-05-20

Post by Opus the Poet »

And Atsali is looking mighty emotional about something. Like she wishes she could do things like chase a beachball, or she's waiting for the sword to fall.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:And Atsali is looking mighty emotional about something. Like she wishes she could do things like chase a beachball, or she's waiting for the sword to fall.
Or she's watching her cute kid sister and wishing she could be that carefree.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Pickle... heeeeee
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Castela is still fixated on that.

Link
Being the pessimist that i am, i think that Pickle is "too" happy that she's at the pool, and that something bad will happen to her that will totally overshadow Atsali's awkwardness at the pool. right now, I'm leaning towards the chlorine and/or the anti-fungal chemicals in the pool water will screw up Castela the first time she tries to go in the pool, and Atsali is the only one that will react in time to get her out.

I HIGHLY doubt that the Orphanage brought them here at all, especially considering that they only got to go to the frickin' library ONCE-A-MONTH... (ANY library, not necessarily just THE Library)

so the only real large body of water Pickle has been exposed to, was the natural ocean water at the beach on the Island... NOT this chemically purified, toxic-to-PLANTS, chlorine-filled hell that she's going to unknowingly jump directly into... she's gonna start screaming that it burns, and that everyone else is going to go "huh?, how can WATER BURN YOU??!!" and not realize that she's a PLANT-animal hybrid that is getting poisoned by all the fungicides they add to keep algae and mold and whatnot out of the pool water. Atsali is the only one (that i know of) who is present, that *knows* that she's a plant-animal hybrid... the others haven't been around her all that long to have gotten that fact ingrained into their memory enough to have thought that bringing Pickle here *might* just have been a "Bad Idea" (TM) even though it doesn't (yet) involve someone losing their Hat... Atsali WOULD have thought of that IF only she hadn't been so preoccupied over her self-image and the ensuing swim-suit drama at the pool...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

But if Atsali had her encounter at the pool, which means she's been here before, means that her library buddy might have been to the pool before too? And I can tell from her reaction, she's been in the water without bad effect.

Just my two copper pieces...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I would have to think so as well, not their first trip. Plants are also a bit harder to kill than that to.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Little Miss Watercress' excitement might be infectious, Atsali. You better not catch it!
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Opus the Poet wrote:And Atsali is looking mighty emotional about something. Like she wishes she could do things like chase a beachball, or she's waiting for the sword to fall.
Well hey, y'know. If a certain Aunt hadn't picked out a bathing suit for her to wear(I still remember the wording suggesting she'd be deciding what to wear) she'd actually be able to do that! There's an honest to god reason why girls who are very, very busty like to wear one piece bathing suits and it has more to do with not wanting to bounce out of it than the fact they might show a little skin.

Really it's the same thing with guys. Most would probably prefer wearing swim trunks over a banana hammock.
Last edited by Akeche on Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
illiad

Post by illiad »

scantrob: WHY do you think the water has *normal* cleansing agent??? It is obviously *friendly* to 'fish-life' so it obviously has a paranormal solution!! so do stop worrying!!! :)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

scantrontb wrote: so the only real large body of water Pickle has been exposed to, was the natural ocean water at the beach on the Island... NOT this chemically purified, toxic-to-PLANTS, chlorine-filled hell that she's going to unknowingly jump directly into... she's gonna start screaming that it burns, and that everyone else is going to go "huh?, how can WATER BURN YOU??!!" and not realize that she's a PLANT-animal hybrid that is getting poisoned by all the fungicides they add to keep algae and mold and whatnot out of the pool water. Atsali is the only one (that i know of) who is present, that *knows* that she's a plant-animal hybrid... the others haven't been around her all that long to have gotten that fact ingrained into their memory enough to have thought that bringing Pickle here *might* just have been a "Bad Idea" (TM) even though it doesn't (yet) involve someone losing their Hat... Atsali WOULD have thought of that IF only she hadn't been so preoccupied over her self-image and the ensuing swim-suit drama at the pool...
This would be the "April Floats A Boat" type storyline. As Paul is NOT Lynn Holly Johnson (thankfully), I doubt severely this will be what happens.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

jwhouk wrote:
scantrontb wrote: so the only real large body of water Pickle has been exposed to, was the natural ocean water at the beach on the Island... NOT this chemically purified, toxic-to-PLANTS, chlorine-filled hell that she's going to unknowingly jump directly into... she's gonna start screaming that it burns, and that everyone else is going to go "huh?, how can WATER BURN YOU??!!" and not realize that she's a PLANT-animal hybrid that is getting poisoned by all the fungicides they add to keep algae and mold and whatnot out of the pool water. Atsali is the only one (that i know of) who is present, that *knows* that she's a plant-animal hybrid... the others haven't been around her all that long to have gotten that fact ingrained into their memory enough to have thought that bringing Pickle here *might* just have been a "Bad Idea" (TM) even though it doesn't (yet) involve someone losing their Hat... Atsali WOULD have thought of that IF only she hadn't been so preoccupied over her self-image and the ensuing swim-suit drama at the pool...
This would be the "April Floats A Boat" type storyline. As Paul is NOT Lynn Holly Johnson (thankfully), I doubt severely this will be what happens.
Argh! Now I'm having a Blandthony flashback!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Atsali has that "So that's what Normal looks like -- Hmmm" look on her face.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Thor

Post by Thor »

kingklash wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
Argh! Now I'm having a Blandthony flashback!
This will make it all better.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

So now we are in a discussion
on 'Sali's fear of repercussion
but she dreamily wishes
she could play with the fishes
without risking herself a concussion

but even with all reinforcement
(Her Aunties- that's what I of course meant)
she sadly concedes
she can't meet her needs
in spite of all family endorsement

for when it is all said and done
it is true- "Girls just want to have fun"
but to frolic and play
could put her in harm's way
or expose her topside to the sun

and while she stops tears from their trickle
we're suddenly given a tickle
from her rampaging sister
wound up like a twister
"We're at the POOL!" - yes, we are Pickle
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Remember all the one-shot sketches we had of a little Atsali, frolicking and playing and whatnot?

That's what she wants.

And right now she's thinking that her looks (yes, I know: her enormous chest) are what are keeping her from doing that.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Remember all the one-shot sketches we had of a little Atsali, frolicking and playing and whatnot?

That's what she wants.

And right now she's thinking that her looks (yes, I know: her enormous chest) are what are keeping her from doing that.
My point exactly
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I'd imagine that there are a number of people who visit this website who wouldn't mind joining Bud in the pool. . .

On a side note, I've never really thought about how people with really bad eyesight who wear glasses manage in public pools. Swimming with them on wouldn't be that great of an idea, I'd imagine, and I've heard that wearing contacts in the pool can be a very unpleasant thing. I guess that you don't really need to see all that well if you're just going to be splashing around.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I think it's probably a mix of all the above:

Wishing that she was more "normal" in her looks so that she could jump around in ordinary attire and not have inertia cause Bad Things to happen to her chest.
Wishing that people wouldn't judge her the way that they do.
Wishing that she could be as carefree as Castela.
Nervous about a possible upcoming confrontation similar to her previous one there.
Wondering whether her freckle adhesive is chlorinated waterproof, so that they don't all wash off.
scantrontb wrote:. . .I'm leaning towards the chlorine and/or the anti-fungal chemicals in the pool water will screw up Castela the first time she tries to go in the pool, and Atsali is the only one that will react in time to get her out.
To quote Atsali, when she first explained the situation to Jin: "I went to the pool with Pickle. . .". So they've both been there before. That doesn't necessarily mean that they went in the water, sure, but I still doubt that this is the first time that she went into a public pool.

As far as Castela goes, I'm more worried about her getting angry at somebody for making her big sis feel bad. "BOOSCH!!"
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Catawampus wrote:I'd imagine that there are a number of people who visit this website who wouldn't mind joining Bud in the pool. . .

On a side note, I've never really thought about how people with really bad eyesight who wear glasses manage in public pools. Swimming with them on wouldn't be that great of an idea, I'd imagine, and I've heard that wearing contacts in the pool can be a very unpleasant thing. I guess that you don't really need to see all that well if you're just going to be splashing around.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I think it's probably a mix of all the above:

Wishing that she was more "normal" in her looks so that she could jump around in ordinary attire and not have inertia cause Bad Things to happen to her chest.
Wishing that people wouldn't judge her the way that they do.
Wishing that she could be as carefree as Castela.
Nervous about a possible upcoming confrontation similar to her previous one there.
Wondering whether her freckle adhesive is chlorinated waterproof, so that they don't all wash off.
scantrontb wrote:. . .I'm leaning towards the chlorine and/or the anti-fungal chemicals in the pool water will screw up Castela the first time she tries to go in the pool, and Atsali is the only one that will react in time to get her out.
To quote Atsali, when she first explained the situation to Jin: "I went to the pool with Pickle. . .". So they've both been there before. That doesn't necessarily mean that they went in the water, sure, but I still doubt that this is the first time that she went into a public pool.

As far as Castela goes, I'm more worried about her getting angry at somebody for making her big sis feel bad. "BOOSCH!!"
As one of those who only need glasses when i want to see something it is a pain let me tell you. all you see is blurs and shadows. Yea instead of corn husk maiden to the rescue it could turn into beach ball boom.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Swimming with a strong prescription presents its own difficulties. But it's just the aquatic version of living, so you deal.

Funny thing is, at least in my case, my eyes work better underwater than on land. Almost like I don't glasses...