Know That Feeling 2015-04-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Know That Feeling 2015-04-02

Post by AmriloJim »

Akeche

Re: Know That Feeling 2015-04-02

Post by Akeche »

Swan Girl? Did I miss something?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

I was thinking the same thing, Akeche.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Akeche wrote:Swan Girl? Did I miss something?
Clearly a reference to Atsali, of course, and possibly a reference to the story of the Ugly Duckling.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sirens be birds, swans be BIG birds.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Empty word bubble too
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Empty word bubble too
I think that's deliberate. Jin implies that she'd like to throw a switch and change Atsali's behavior somehow, Bud immediately mimes someone who has abruptly stopped talking, and Jin says "Yes! That!"

I think Jin is a bit overwhelmed by Atsali's tendency to gush. A few of our days ago, Atsali said something, Jin started to answer, and Atsali just kept talking right over her.

Either that, or Paul got a really good deal on some invisible ink and couldn't resist using some of when lettering today's strip. Boys gotta have their toys, y'know :D
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:
I think that's deliberate. Jin implies that she'd like to throw a switch and change Atsali's behavior somehow, Bud immediately mimes someone who has abruptly stopped talking, and Jin says "Yes! That!"

I think Jin is a bit overwhelmed by Atsali's tendency to gush. A few of our days ago, Atsali said something, Jin started to answer, and Atsali just kept talking right over her.
Makes sense to me. But we'll see in a couple of hours, I guess.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Either that, or Paul got a really good deal on some invisible ink and couldn't resist using some of when lettering today's strip. Boys gotta have their toys, y'know :D
Or Bud told a joke so dirty it had to be censored. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Sirens be birds, swans be BIG birds.
With long necks.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
My girlfriend and i went out to McDonalds for breakfast on Sunday morning at an SF convention in Nashville once, and my friend Kim (who was almost a physical double for Hanners in Questionable Content, and as messed-up psychologically) came along.

In the middle of breakfast, in a restaurant full of Nashvillains either going to or coming from church, Kim started talking about her abortion.

Later, my GF made a crack about wishing she had a switch. I said "Nah - not so much a switch as just a volume control."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I have a odd talent. I am able to take in information rapidly in large chunks with amazing retention. Unfortunately, playback of same is also in large chunks, and until one gets to know me, the sudden infodumps can be a little surprising. Couple that with the fact that there tends to be linkage among very disparate elements when I actually use said info to think. It's like a lightning bolt through a curio shop. The path of least resistance will connect some unique items that no one ever thought to connect before.

Atsali seems to have similar tendencies, coupled with actual photographic memory, and her overclocked brain likes to wander. She was like that before she got USB'd and reformatted. No wonder she's looking for a mentor. She can't think her way through these new experiences. Jin's time-loopy experience actually give her the chops for the job, if you realize she's dealt with multiple versions of most everyone. Can you imagine all the times Bud's been replayed? Jin's got this, even if it hasn't sunk in right now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Sirens be birds, swans be BIG birds.
With long necks.
And Atsali's neck is rather on the long and graceful side, isn't it?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

kingklash wrote:I have a odd talent. I am able to take in information rapidly in large chunks with amazing retention. Unfortunately, playback of same is also in large chunks, and until one gets to know me, the sudden infodumps can be a little surprising. Couple that with the fact that there tends to be linkage among very disparate elements when I actually use said info to think. It's like a lightning bolt through a curio shop. The path of least resistance will connect some unique items that no one ever thought to connect before.
Yeah. My GF and i used to deadly as a Trivial Pursuit team for sort of that reason - Kate says i have a magpie mind.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I used to think i was the only one who made strange connections and linked seemingly wide apart items till i got to listening to all yall. I have found my people i am home. And yes i understand the off button thing. I have the habit especially since i got put on my meds that if my train of thought gets derailed i have to start over. The wife seems to find this annoying but i tell her all she has to to do is wait for me to finish. 16 years and she aint done it yet, oh well.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Bud's line in that last panel - i think it went right past Jin.

Classic Bud snark.
Vitrbjorn

Post by Vitrbjorn »

Panel 3 has an empty text bubble
That which does not kill you but makes you stronger only shows you to a different level of predator.
Be careful lest the gods devour you in your new strength.
AnotherFairportfan

Vitrbjorn wrote:Panel 3 has an empty text bubble
Bud is demonstrating what the switch on Atsali Jin is dreaming of woul do.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Vitrbjorn wrote:Panel 3 has an empty text bubble
(That's the joke.jpg)
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

oldmanmickey wrote:I used to think i was the only one who made strange connections and linked seemingly wide apart items till i got to listening to all yall. I have found my people i am home. And yes i understand the off button thing. I have the habit especially since i got put on my meds that if my train of thought gets derailed i have to start over. The wife seems to find this annoying but i tell her all she has to to do is wait for me to finish. 16 years and she aint done it yet, oh well.
That's one of the mixed blessings of autism spectrum disorders.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."