Worried 2015-03-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
St. Cynic

Re: Worried 2015-03-07

Post by St. Cynic »

Date (2015-03-07) on thread is wrong.
eee

Post by eee »

And Sgt. Howard's suggestion that Castela can outsniff a bloodhound proves to be correct.

While the comment about the girl at the orphanage IS ominous, I don't think this means Atsali should immediately fly to Nadette's side to prevent suicide. Nad' would naturally be both sad and happy during her time as a catsuit; close to the object of her desire, but aware that taking advantage would put any future together at risk. And Nadette IS a Seer who can see the future, as well as people's souls. If she'd foreseen she'd kill herself in a fit of angst, her behavior would be different I think. I think Nad' will be fine.

What this DOES, is drive home to Atsali that her obliviousness towards her best friend's feelings has to change.
jwhouk

Re: Worried 2015-03-18

Post by jwhouk »

Um. I caught the undertone.

"Her last night" = "Couldn't take it anymore" = "The S word". :(

Damn, Pablo. Dealing with Rape and Suicide within a calendar year?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

"Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravity in 2015?"
Nadette is a seer. She should be able to see the paths, yet she chose this one anyhow? I don't think she'd choose wrong. These events may be important to bring about some needed changes in the time line for the good of everyone.
The suicide talk. I surely hope not. Nadette is a twin, possibly identical. I've known several. Losing a twin is one of the most unbearable things possible. I do not think Nadette would go there... for her sister's sake anyhow. :(
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
donoho

Post by donoho »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Castela could smell Nadette on Atsali?
That's my guess, too.

The "happy and sad, her last night" could be innocent... a girl happy to be adopted and going to a new home, sad to be leaving her orphanage friends.

Or, it could be terribly ominous... happy for some reason, then a terribly-sad-making disappointment, and then gone... suicide?

Nadette may be in much worse emotional shape than we had thought from her tears. Realizing that Atsali really isn't into her... or concluding that she may have overstepped bounds and violated Atsali's trust and lost her friendship... may be pushing this young ursamorph into a really dangerous depression.
I lean towards the former. Nadette was happy to be so close to Atsali, but sad that she was so clueless about her feelings.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

oh great.. pickle can smell emotions, so that makes me wonder if nadette's emotions got plastered to astial when she became the bear suit,

Next up a perfume for the girls and guys that make them smell happy and many other s mells of the emotional rainbow... and yes folks there are " you really like me" and "oh so sexy" and are soon to be released boot call smell
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"Maybe it was something you were wearing,"... or someone. The scent would have been stronger the night before. Granted, I guessed that her date cancelled, but after considering the conversations here I am more likely to believe that Castella has picked up on Nadette's scent and that an intervention might be in order.
It is one thing to carry a flame for somebody who cannot/will not reciprocate- but here we have a desire that is NOT seen as the norm, one that can still stigmatize and (to some degree) condemn even in this day and age. By making her play for Atsali, she confessed her orientation... a MAJOR leap of faith to a teenager.

And it got shot down.

Get your tuckus over to Nadette right now, young lady- she needs you as a friend.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Date cancelled
Not to worry Sarge you will get another date, i believe you said you were married didn't you?
Thou Sir, art a pestilence...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Castela: the ultimate lie detector?

Castela: Hi, Atsali, how are you today?
Atsali: Oh, I'm doing fi-
Castela: LIAR!
illiad

Post by illiad »

I do think many or greatly over-thinking things... only pablo knows the reality...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:By making her play for Atsali, she confessed her orientation... a MAJOR leap of faith to a teenager.

And it got shot down.

Get your tuckus over to Nadette right now, young lady- she needs you as a friend.
I don't see definite evidence that Atsali shot it down - Lily embarrassed Nadette terribly, and confused Atsali as well.

If Atsali was too flustered and didn't immediately reassure Nadette that - at least - she wants to keep her as BFF, she's gonna be in some distress.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:By making her play for Atsali, she confessed her orientation... a MAJOR leap of faith to a teenager.

And it got shot down.

I don't see definite evidence that Atsali shot it down - Lily embarrassed Nadette terribly, and confused Atsali as well.

If Atsali was too flustered and didn't immediately reassure Nadette that - at least - she wants to keep her as BFF, she's gonna be in some distress.
I did not say Atsali shot it down... but it got shot down none the less. She needs to find her and talk
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

And it got shot down.

I did not say Atsali shot it down... but it got shot down none the less. She needs to find her and talk
Sorry - misread because of personal interpretation - my interpretation of "it got shot down" in the context of one person making a play for another is that the recipient of the pass is the shooter-downer, not a third party.

Except for high-school dances and chaperons.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

illiad wrote:I do think many or greatly over-thinking things... only pablo knows the reality...
Could be (I'm rather known for it IRL). Though it seems as though an uncomfortably high number of the commenters have experience in dealing with suicidal individuals.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
illiad wrote:I do think many or greatly over-thinking things... only pablo knows the reality...
Could be (I'm rather known for it IRL). Though it seems as though an uncomfortably high number of the commenters have experience in dealing with suicidal individuals.
Also to me its very interesting that it seems a high number of us are ex-military that seem to have had to deal with that. Perhaps because we met and worked with such a diversified group of people under some high stress situations?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Date cancelled
Not to worry Sarge you will get another date, i believe you said you were married didn't you?
Thou Sir, art a pestilence...
Take no offence that I would not offend you:
To punish me for what you make me do.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I've already done observation checks about five-six times this year.

A couple of times unwillingly.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
Also to me its very interesting that it seems a high number of us are ex-military that seem to have had to deal with that. Perhaps because we met and worked with such a diversified group of people under some high stress situations?
aaaaand did any work with orphanage kids who have not yet grasped grammar, and have experienced the 'loss' when one of their friends get a new home ???

to say nothing about PTSD and the "siren's problem" about lacking perception of attraction... :/
Last edited by illiad on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
Makes perfect sense to me. New were all drawn here by a single thing: the comic. We all share at least that one interest. Seeing as there are so many of us here on the forums (488 at time of post), quite a few of us are bound to share other interests.

It's all a matter of probability.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
illiad

Post by illiad »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote: Could be (I'm rather known for it IRL). Though it seems as though an uncomfortably high number of the commenters have experience in dealing with suicidal individuals.
do you not have a one or two year old in an extended family?? (or even a friend of the family, that has a young kid) what do you do when they seem 'worried' ???