So Bent 2015-03-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

So Bent 2015-03-17

Post by Thor »

LINK

Okay, so Pickle did not set up the bomb.

Identity of boy on phone still a mystery.
Sgt. Howard

Re: So Bent 2015-03-17

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Paul must have a kid sister- he's got the "obnoxiouse little brat" thing down...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Castela even looks like a small, smart-alec version of Bud, in that first panel... :lol:

More cleavage cookies? How long is Paul going to milk that gag? :P

*Deposits a box of maple leaf cookies into the pun jar*
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Definitely a ninja-in-training.

Or perhaps an Artful Dodger.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:Castela even looks like a small, smart-alec version of Bud, in that first panel... :lol:
Yep. Just like i said about Panel One yesterday.

=================

Though saying "smart-alec" and "Bud" together is generally redundqnt.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

lake_wrangler wrote:Castela even looks like a small, smart-alec version of Bud, in that first panel... :lol:

More cleavage cookies? How long is Paul going to milk that gag? :P

*Deposits a box of maple leaf cookies into the pun jar*
Hey, what's better than milk and cookies? Besides, I get the feeling this one kinda snuck up on Paul... it started out as a sisterly hug, but he realized there was still one more panel to go. He had to go somewhere!

Anybody wanna buy a bridge?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Thor

Post by Thor »

It must be because I am an only child, but I really don't understand why siblings torment each other like this. A little playful joshing, sure, but most of the time it looks like one step away from open warfare.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Not as good as fresh baked but at least cleavage cookies should be warm.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thor wrote:It must be because I am an only child, but I really don't understand why siblings torment each other like this. A little playful joshing, sure, but most of the time it looks like one step away from open warfare.
No sir having 3 sisters, two step and one blood, in this i can tell you and be absolutely positive. It is not one step from open warfare. It is full scale total war with alliances shifting faster and more often than congressmen selling votes. The only time peace was seen was when an outside attack was done and then you saw a unity comparable to the days following 9/11 or pearl harbor.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My first thought was Castela was doing some sort of slight of hand, Atsali always acts like she didn't even know they where there...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hey, Wait- those just might not be cookies....
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

shadowinthelight wrote:Not as good as fresh baked but at least cleavage cookies should be warm.
Back in the days long ago when i was a teenage male if i had found someone like Atsali i would have been more than happy to assist in searching for more cookies. For the little sister of course because i was just a nice guy like that.

New theory, Nadette is crying because she didnt find any cookies. hard to hide cookies in a cat suit.
Last edited by oldmanmickey on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:It must be because I am an only child, but I really don't understand why siblings torment each other like this. A little playful joshing, sure, but most of the time it looks like one step away from open warfare.
It often is just that.

Part of the reason, I think, is that even a year or two between siblings results in a significant difference in maturity, hence responsibility and privileges. This can lead to a sense of envy... the elder is allowed to do things the younger is not, but is often pushed into a quasi-adult role of being responsible and "in charge" while the younger "baby" can "get away with things".

Both can feel they get the poor end of the bargain, both can claim "it's not fair!" and often they're both right.

Also, they're stuck in what amounts to a zero-sum game (at best), playing for attention and approval from their parents. They're sibs, but also competitors.

Some of the tormenting such as we're seeing here, comes from this. When you're a child in an adult world, and you have almost no power or influence at all in that world, one way of "flexing your muscles" and demonstrating some form of power is to "get the goat" of your big brother or sister by some form of teasing. If you can cleverly goad them into an overreaction, this may gain you a few "poor dear!" points from a parent who sees only Big Sis yelling and didn't see the subtle needling you did to trigger it.

(Disclaimer: I'm the eldest of three, and my youngest brother was a very accomplished brat and troublemaker. .. ran with a bad crowd, practically flunked out of school, etc. I was on the receiving end of more than a bit of his teasing and goading, over the years, so I think I appreciate a bit of what Atsali may be feeling in Paul's depiction. My bro' grew up to be one of the most resourceful, responsible, and loving men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing... independent business owner, married for decades, great wife and two very fine sons. So, the brattiness does wear off with time, and there's hope for Atsali :D )
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

oldmanmickey wrote:New theory, Nadette is crying because she didnt find any cookies. hard to hide cookies in a cat suit.
New new theory, those were Nadette's cookies and she is crying because she forgot abut them and left them behind. That is why Atsali looks puzzled in the last frame.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

How did she get those, her hands never got anywhere near Cleveland...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
captnq

Post by captnq »

oldmanmickey wrote:
No sir having 3 sisters, two step and one blood, in this i can tell you and be absolutely positive. It is not one step from open warfare. It is full scale total war with alliances shifting faster and more often than congressmen selling votes. The only time peace was seen was when an outside attack was done and then you saw a unity comparable to the days following 9/11 or pearl harbor.
Ditto.

Two sisters myself. I believe I announced the arrival of one of my sister's boyfriends arrivals as "Your husband on the hoof is here!" once quite loudly from the front door. Which then devolved into a short 30 second run around the house with her trying to kill me. I was quite adept at climbing out the windows on the second floor over looking the porch and traveling via roof, having learned from the cat. Few would pursue me to said location.

I did get a most sound verbal thrashing from mother at a later date, as I recall.

good times... good times...

May I suggest that for the comic. Free free to use it.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:How did she get those, her hands never got anywhere near Cleveland...
That is why she may have brought the cookies with her! Unless Sali has a hammer space pocket for cookies there it is unlikely she had time to stash any prior to the conversation with Kathy. It would be just like Pickle to make it look like Sali did have them there though.

How Pickle got them close is she probably had them hidden inside herself. Pickle is a plant and only appears to be fully human on the surface. Growing up with sibs I know the rule is: If one is embarrassed easily by something, that embarrassment will be hammered on by the other sibs until you get over it, die, or become a hermit.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Castella, to 'Sali's chagrin
pushed her buttons and dodged with a grin
then confessed it all scam
hugged her boobies and ran
with cookies she had found therein!

- my older brother and I were each other's primary nemesis growing up- in truth, we still don't get along. I am 60 and he is 62... two completely different people with little in common except history.
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
eee

Post by eee »

Wisdom, psychological torment, and cookie kleptomania from the youngest sister. A typical day at the Gilchrist house.

I *am* intrigued by Castela's comment about boys smelling 'funny'. I wonder how acute her sense of smell is. She could detect the aftermath of Atsali's first wet dream; her plant senses may be extremely sharp.