That Other Mission 2015-01-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

That Other Mission 2015-01-27

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/that-other-mission/

Yup, dingier than a little boat.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Re: That Other Mission 2015-01-27

Post by kingklash »

Well, that just fills me with confidence.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I have to wonder if we're not in the midst of a well worn mother-daughter prank. Atsali and the bear may be the targets of a joke shadow girl and mom-of-the-dead have played on more than one occasion on unsuspecting newbies. I find it hard to believe either of these two would be afraid of shadows of any kind.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

KnightDelight wrote:I have to wonder if we're not in the midst of a well worn mother-daughter prank. Atsali and the bear may be the targets of a joke shadow girl and mom-of-the-dead have played on more than one occasion on unsuspecting newbies. I find it hard to believe either of these two would be afraid of shadows of any kind.
I'm thinking the same thing... the whole thing seems scripted and canned.

On the other hand(s), Nadette isn't complaining too much... hehehe
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Anime Rick

Post by Anime Rick »

Thymbris: Don't worry, everything's fine!
*five seconds later*
Thymbris: Everything's wrong!
:lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"...where nothing can possibly go worng."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

shadowinthelight wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/that-other-mission/

Yup, dingier than a little boat.
Hmmm.. THAT'S where Tsillah gets it from, eh? Remember when we first met Tsillah, I wrote a limerick about her being the love child of Pippi Longstockings and Dr. Seuss? By appearance, I wasn't far off the mark... except those 'Orphan Annie' eyes.

... hey... if you whisper in her ear, does the echo come out her eye sockets? Just thought I'd ask...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote:I have to wonder if we're not in the midst of a well worn mother-daughter prank. Atsali and the bear may be the targets of a joke shadow girl and mom-of-the-dead have played on more than one occasion on unsuspecting newbies. I find it hard to believe either of these two would be afraid of shadows of any kind.
Hoo Boy... she's even worse than her kids are at being a dingbat!, she's got this whole vibe of "I'm immortal and nothing can hurt me, why should i think about what could kill mere mortals and take that into account in my plans to do ... whatever..." probably what caused the loss of the two mortals she mentioned.

but the current question that Atsali and Berdine should be asking is HOW "shadows" are being generated WITHOUT A LIGHT SOURCE?? and that if Tsillah "IS" shadow, then they are obviously NOT shadows... that should give a clue as to WHAT they are... maybe...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Well that information is about as useful as a white color crayon. I would suggest at this point a tactical advance to the rear.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

At least now we know Atsali was right about shadows moving in the next room. Now that Tsillah's confirmed the presence of unknown entities with unknown intent & unknown powers, it is officially time to panic.

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Somehow, I find her reassurances... not particularly reassuring. Not at all.

Is there some sort of cosmic axiom, that says that those who live so very long that they have lots and lots and lots of experience... somehow lose the ability to learn by experience? 'cause she seems to have rushed in after "that other mission" where angels might fear to tread.

I suppose, though, that if there really are no such things as ghosts, then maybe there aren't angels either, and that's why she's rushing in. Or something like that.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

There are indeed no such things as ghosts. What can be mistaken for ghosts are far more dangerous and frightening.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
sheik

Post by sheik »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"...where nothing can possibly go worng."
...go wrong...go wrong...
Or is that go worng...go worng...?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

From an old favorite tv show Buffy-
Xander: As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine.
Buffy: Are you crazy? What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen!
Xander: Whaddaya mean? Nothing's gonna happen.
Willow: Not until some dummy says, 'as long as nothing bad happens!'
Buffy: It's the ultimate jinx!
Willow: What were you thinking? Or were you even thinking at all?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ok -- There's a signal coming from the site. A mysterious signal! Ok - so a signal suggests a power source, and power sources can make something provide light.

Moving shadows -- How about a flickering light, or array of flickering lights, in front of something casting a shadow? Maybe a video display in a dark room or some such.

Monsters are much more fun when you don't see (much of) them! (Alien, Predator, Tremors, etc...)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
captnq

Post by captnq »

I'm thinking they're just f'ing with them.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Not the most reassuring pep talk I've ever heard.

"I've haven't lost more than two mortal paranormals under my watch!" That means she has not bothered to keep count of how many she's lost.

"Safety Emergency Plan and Escape Thing contingency." THis means we kinda know what they are and are supposed to have them. Did mom remember to have one now?

It appears that Sali can learn from experience. She remembered that SH*T HAPPENS and things can go wrong. We will now see an impromptu performance of the Four Stooges, and yes there was a short time when there was four of them.

Shadows may be Lily and friend arriving.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

There were actually five stooges. Mor, Larry, Curly, Curly Joe, and Shemp.

At one time a survey was taken and when men were asked which people were the role models that appealed to them the most. Surprisingly Moe came in as number 4 on the list.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Atsali and Nadette are really getting a trial by fire here. Or maybe that should be, a trial by doofus. I can see that 'Sali is going to have to take charge of this mission if any of them are going to get out alive.

(Have we ever learned how her name is pronounced, by the way? AT-sa-li, At-SA-li, At-sal-i, Ats-ali, At-sal-lee...)
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

eee wrote: (Have we ever learned how her name is pronounced, by the way? AT-sa-li, At-SA-li, At-sal-i, Ats-ali, At-sal-lee...)
It's a Greek name, so I'd expect the emphasis to be on the second-to-last syllable (SA in this case).