Lights out 2015-01-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Lights out 2015-01-21

Post by TazManiac »

Always.

Expect.

Ninjas...
tombone

Post by tombone »

Two guesses.

One, someone's missing a demon out of their chorus.
or
Two, Granma Lily STILL hasn't eaten anything since the last time we saw her.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Nothing beats a great pair of legs.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And the best part of a spinning back kick is the feint -- it looks like you're turning away (to dodge a punch, for example), and up comes the leg!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...She's definitely picked up trained reflex/muscle-memory from =somewhere=.

Quick enough to bop a shadow on the nose, and make a wraith swallow its own teeth... :mrgreen:
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson%27s_Puppeteers

Code: Select all

Socially, two notable traits of Puppeteers are their racial/cultural penchant for cowardice and their tendency to congregate in herds. The cowardice is thought in Puppeteer society to originate with the Puppeteer instinct for turning one's back on danger. However, the trait is thought by many to actually originate from their herd instinct, as the instinct to turn one's back is linked to an instinct to kick the hind hoof at an attacker. In Ringworld, when Nessus and the expeditionaries are threatened, the Puppeteer defends himself quite effectively:
All in one motion, the puppeteer had spun on his forelegs and lashed out with his single hind leg. His heads were turned backwards and spread wide, Louis remembered, to triangulate on his target. Nessus had accurately kicked a man's heart out through his splintered spine. (Ringworld, Chapter 13, published 1970.)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Or... thurs could be:

pile of bone pulls itself together and groans... :)

"gee, that's some kick, your mother taught you well... :/ "

Atsali: "Charon, you gave me a fright!!! :oops: :o "
captnq

Post by captnq »

The hair... I'm trying to place the long black hair.
Vampires don't turn to mist then reform bones first in this comic, do they?

We have a skeleton forming, flesh starting to coalesce on the bones, then kick to the skull, falls apart.
So what would it have looked like if it finished?
illiad

Post by illiad »

or could it be Bia grown up??
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/wall-of-fire/
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

The lesson for today: DON'T SNEAK UP ON ATSALI!!!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

captnq wrote:The hair... I'm trying to place the long black hair.

We have a skeleton forming, flesh starting to coalesce on the bones, then kick to the skull, falls apart.
I don't think it was flesh forming on the bones. It looks like a shroud, or shirt, or dress, that the skeleton may have been wearing at death. It was probably ancient cloth and very fragile. When Sali kicked the clothed turned to dust. That is what the white powder is around the skeleton, not flesh.

So does the possible female skeleton now reform, cross its arms across it's body, and go "EEEEEK!"?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jeez, and I thought I was footsore & exhausted before trying to keep up with all these mental gymnastics. That wasn't aimed at anybody in particular, I'm just kidding. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
eee

Post by eee »

DogGONE, but you don't want to be on Atsali's bad side when those facial markings manifest!

I still suspect her father's influence...
korblimee47

Post by korblimee47 »

Bwhahahahahahaha!!!!!! Boom! :lol:

Korblimee
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

eee wrote:DogGONE, but you don't want to be on Atsali's bad side when those facial markings manifest!
I'd say you don't want to be on either side, in front or in back of her at times like that.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Birds that kick are dangerous! I have no problem seeing them as dinosaurs. Atsali is very intelligent which would give her at least a +5 with a kicking attack.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

zachariah wrote:
captnq wrote:The hair... I'm trying to place the long black hair.

I don't think it was flesh forming on the bones. It looks like a shroud, or shirt, or dress, that the skeleton may have been wearing at death. It was probably ancient cloth and very fragile. When Sali kicked the clothed turned to dust. That is what the white powder is around the skeleton, not flesh.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree:

In panel one, we see what looks like a thorax and chest forming, but shoulders and up is all bones, including a spiny neck (i.e. the neck is only made up of vertebrae.)

In panel two, we now see fully formed shoulders and biceps, as well as a neck made of flesh (or whatever it is that passes for flesh on that entity)

In panel three, it's back to being bones only, so whatever was starting to take the form of flesh did indeed turn to dust (or something to that effect.)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wdot wrote:Birds that kick are dangerous! I have no problem seeing them as dinosaurs. Atsali is very intelligent which would give her at least a +5 with a kicking attack.
Her warbird morph has some precedent along the same lines...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Has anybody had the idea this might be a jacked-up demon from the Ethitians? I mean, demons can be fused together with a soul. Can you imagine what could have happened when all those Ethitians were basically hooked up to a mental Internet? Made of Crazy?

It could also be Kathy's demons (from all her fused component people). Several covey's of demons that might have been separated from their host(s?) by the crystalline stasis/storage thingamabob, like how the Nui Gui was shoved into a fancy external hard drive and how the Ethitian's special brand of Crazy was removed from Atsali.

Anyone?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

themadkansan wrote:...She's definitely picked up trained reflex/muscle-memory from =somewhere=.
Remember (others may have pointed this out before) that she's carrying most of a society's worth of memories, pushed very firmly into the background but not inaccessible. It may be interesting to find out what else she can do when she's reacting by reflex rather than knowing that she hasn't learned it.