Saturday Too 2014-07-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Saturday Too 2014-07-14

Post by Atomic »

And it all flows downhill....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jeffepp

Re: Saturday Too 2014-07-14

Post by jeffepp »

I was thinking the same thing.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I like this update! :D
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote:And it all flows downhill....
"I gotta give up my Saturdays for you? You gonna suffer, little bug!"

============

I think i'd have omitted the comma at "...she, who..."
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

I wonder if this is foreshadowing? Coming next, Phix has to give Pratt and McBride a mission brief.

Or did Phix have a chat with them back on the at Cafe U296?

Monica: "Why am I now the wrangler of juvenile delinquents? (plural)
Have we discover the location of Bia?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

My2Cents wrote:I wonder if this is foreshadowing? Coming next, Phix has to give Pratt and McBride a mission brief.

Or did Phix have a chat with them back on the at Cafe U296?

Monica: "Why am I now the wrangler of juvenile delinquents? (plural)
Have we discover the location of Bia?

Either that or she is figuring if one is hers now others will follow.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

And Paul comes up with yet another spellbinding plot. I wonder though, is she still working at the museum? Is this an after school/work assignment? Maybe the little Fae will assume her cricket form and travel with her in her purse or pocket during the time between after school and before quitting time. Of course with her now well tuned poiting skills, can't nobody multitask like Monica. That should help a lot.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm not sure I would be holding Calista like that. She may have soiled herself.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

I'm hoping that M calms the @#$% down soon. Because if she's going to be heavy handed all the time...I'm going to be disappointing.

I know that she has to get her attention...but if you yell at a child all the time, you're not going to create a good kid. All you're going to get is a sullen child that'll do whatever it has to do to stay under the radar and to keep from getting yelled at...or worse.

Then it'll grow up and will likely turn in to someone who'll do to their children what was done to them.

M has knocked her down. Now she needs to start picking her up and dusting her off or else she's going to turn her from one sort of monster into another.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

KnightDelight wrote:And Paul comes up with yet another spellbinding plot. I wonder though, is she still working at the museum? Is this an after school/work assignment? Maybe the little Fae will assume her cricket form and travel with her in her purse or pocket during the time between after school and before quitting time. Of course with her now well tuned poiting skills, can't nobody multitask like Monica. That should help a lot.
It was fun when Monicas' poiting skills were NOT so well-tuned. Imagine Monica and Atsali poiting off after school, Monica ending up in Atsalis school uniform....Cue "Whoops, I did it again". :lol:
Seriously Monica you worked with the 'Golem Girls' and they turned out mmmmmOkay. You can do this. ;)
AnotherFairportfan

Skruddgemire wrote:I'm hoping that M calms the @#$% down soon. Because if she's going to be heavy handed all the time...I'm going to be disappointing.
I think this is more like Phix's riddle routine than Phix's vampires-in-the-Library routine.

Not exactly an act, but a definite attention-getter.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Skruddgemire wrote:I'm hoping that M calms the @#$% down soon. Because if she's going to be heavy handed all the time...I'm going to be disappointing.
I think this is more like Phix's riddle routine than Phix's vampires-in-the-Library routine.

Uhm...didn't Phix actually try to kill one of them and would have if M hadn't gotten in the way and taken the full face ripping force of the blow? We're it not for the fact that she's a sub-Titan, that would have been the end of M then and there.
AnotherFairportfan

Skruddgemire wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

Uhm...didn't Phix actually try to kill one of them and would have if M hadn't gotten in the way and taken the full face ripping force of the blow? We're it not for the fact that she's a sub-Titan, that would have been the end of M then and there.
That's what i meant.

This si Monica getting attention, not Monica actually planning to squash the bug.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I'm thinking this is mostly Monica setting the ground rules with Callista. She's pulling the Drill Sargent Nasty routine to get Cricket's attention and establish the ground rules.

I'm also intrigued by the implications in Phix and Monica's conversation here.

Maybe Phix has too much on her plate to deal with Callista herself, but the implication is that fae rank somewhere above Sphinxes in raw power, which is why Phix is handing Cricket off to Monica.

The, "pretend you're me talking to vampires," is advice, but it also implies a lot about the relative difference between the personal capabilities of Cricket and the Jaguar Girl.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Re: Want To Learn 2014-07-11
TazManiac wrote:Damn.

It's almost Midnight and I forgot it's Friday....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

So Monica was hired to straighten Cricket out. I wonder what she charges for this service? Gold, greater access to the library, or knowledge?? The second two are more likely.

I find the comparison of the first and last panel points out the similarities between Phix and Monica. I suspect that is where Monica came by her bad ass routine.

I wonder how powerful Cricket is. If Monica is one of the few stronger than Cricket, key word is few, I can see why Phix chose here. Those stronger are mostly titans and older beings. They really would not care about Cricket at all and see no reason to try and take a Fae. In fact I think a lot would have the attitude that the only good fae is a dead fae. There is justification for that attitude.

Why is an effort being made to integrate Cricket into the human and paranormal community? I wonder if Cricket showing remorse and restrain means she might be a Fae who is not a total sociopath and self centered ego. The fact she did not actually make her victims do the deed shows a regard for others is not a fae attribute. Since Cricket has them she may offer someone who could have a good influence on the Fae in the long run.

I wonder if they are not planning Crickets future job in doing this. "Cricket you are strong enough and proven you do care enough to fit into normal society. Now you get to ride herd on the rest of the fae and keep them in line. You also get to decide who is allowed on earth and to interact with others!"
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And it all makes sense now.

She does have a point, though - Saturdays TOO?

...of course, the whole thing is going to REALLY go downhill when Atsali utters those three words: "Hi Aunt Monica!"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

jwhouk wrote:And it all makes sense now.

...of course, the whole thing is going to REALLY go downhill when Atsali utters those three words: "Hi Aunt Monica!"
And then asks her what 'fisting' means.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

I wonder what the sessions with Monica will consist of. Hopefully not more yelling. Instead, talking, counseling, trying to direct Cricket's energies and emotions into more positive channels... Mon probably just has to imagine Phix talking to her when she was just starting out and follow that lead.

And I suspect Monica will find there ARE things to like about Cricket, after all. And vice versa.
MaynardGKrebs

Post by MaynardGKrebs »

Aleister Crow wrote:
jwhouk wrote:And it all makes sense now.

And then asks her what 'fisting' means.
LOL! I liked to have choked when I read that then context made me realize she meant "Fight" and just calls it "Fisting" (god, I hope that's it!)...